Is Bald an Unconditional Turn-off?

There was another question, which listed nice hair as a requirement for a guy to be attractive. What do you say?

I'm going to keep this short for a better poll result. Guys are welcome to participate.

This question has a poll!

• Bald Is Never Attractive Vote A
  • Bald Can Be Attractive Vote B
I will award the best answer to guy or girl regardless of opinion. I'm looking for honesty rather than an answer that matches my own opinion.
As you might expect, I'm follicly challenged, bald if you prefer. I hoped to get more responses. Oh well! I wouldn't trade bald for hair any day. I love being bald. However, like anything else, there are the pluses and minuses.
It's true. Some girls just do not like bald and would never date someone bald. If I had to guess, I'd say around one out of every five girls would never go out with someone bald. I'm attractive guy but I've had girls tell me flat out: "I don't like bald"
Some interesting thing I've noticed: of all the girls I've dated for any length of time; not one of their fathers were bald. Generally, girls that are anti-bald are "average to above attractive (6-8 on 1-10 scale)," not saying always - generally.
Girls have said to me "I never thought I'd go out with a bald guy" and "you're good looking but you'd be hot if you weren't bald." LOL! I am never referred to as cute, always handsome, rugged, sexy or umm I don't think so. Girls are strange about bald!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Bald can be attractive, you just need some better assets in other areas like nice eyes and a handsome face. If I went bald I would lose all hope for attractiveness because so many people compliment my hair but hardly anything else. So it just depends.

What Girls Said 12

• It's not a big turn off from having a bald head. If ever my boyfriend going bald, I would never be turn off for that.How cheap you are if you just turn off easily to someone who does have condition like that. Besides you should accept them and help them on how to make their hair regrow.

• i definitely find being bald attractive on some men, but when its complete baldness. I don't find the cresent moon that attractive.

• NO WAY!

Some men look so sexy with no hair.

• Bald can be sexy, Vin Disel, Zidane, Wentworth Miller.. Just to name a few...

Basically you need the bad looking face. :) And besides you always get the first attention!

• I was looking at my comment, above the one you just posted. What was that first sentence? I had a retard moment! I think; I was trying to write she, my fianc?e, is the girl I've loved my entire life. Anyway, I wouldn't say all guys are put off by small breasts; I wouldn't even say most. However, that was the best analogy I can come up with. I don?t want the beautiful A & B cups out there to get self-conscience.

• You're welcome.

I didn't know that guys are put off by girls who wears less than a C cup! Glad I have a good size. :)

• Thanks for the congrats! Yeah, she the gals of my life. I don't know if being so sappy for my fiance is so "hot." Back to my original point, some girls are just really put off by "bald," but I guess some guys are really put off by any girl who wears a bra that's less than a C cup.

• Show Older
  • Bald can be incredibly sexy in my opinion... but ONLY if the guy accepts that he's bald/balding and owns it... and is confident enough to shave the rest of his head. I don't find a guy attractive who is obviously balding and has self esteem issues because of it. But, if you shave your head or shave your hair really short, showing that you're comfortable that way, it's a turn-on. I can't speak for all girls... maybe younger girls wouldn't agree.

• My father passed away when he was 55, but he had a full head of hair. My grandfather is in his upper 80's and 90% bald, the rest he has trimmed super short.

• Is your father bald?

• I think that this really depends on the person, a bald person can be very attractive, it doesn't matter to be either way.

• I used to find bald men unattractive when I was younger. Then there was Chris Daughtry on American Idol-OMG, he is HOT. Ever since then I find many bald men attractive. I like it when they completely shave their head...forget the partial hair (in my opinion)- that's what makes a guy look bad. Just get rid of it all! And, for the records, my Dad is 83 and has the fullest head of hair I've ever seen. I will say that I've never dated a bald guy, cause I am married. But, I would if I was in the dating scene.

• soem bald men can be sexy. :)

• I've found a bunch of bald guys attractive, they're usually just attractive guys who happen to be bald

• He has a bald spot on top of his head but he's not completely bald

• If you don't ming answering, is your dad bald? I'd like to know this from the girls that answered either way.

• Unless you have a chiseled manly gorgeous face, swagger times a million and ripped body, bald is not attractive.

• Turn-off for me!

• My next door neighbor is bald and he's HOT

• Hahah .. did you go for him? Did he have a bad looking face? Charming maybe?

• Lol

What Guys Said 3

• It shouldn't be.

• lo...to me I just feel that when true comes in appearance doest matter,just b yourself cos you are nt a dublicate

• I've always thought that once you start going obviously bald, you should probably just shave it, many women like to rub a shiny hairless head o.O I'm not going to answer as to whether it'd be attractive or not though cause I'm not attracted to men or their hair. I've never seen a balding woman, just thinning.

• More THAN the hair*

• Yeah I just didn't want to speak for the women on the matter. I think women are in it more for the hair anyways.

• Bald or balding, the question is not always attractive or unattractive; it's can be attractive unattractive. I'm not not in any way attracted to guys either. However, I can see why girls my go for one guy over another. I also find the opinion of guys useful regarding this question.

• Show Older