Is wearing a sweater dress to school considered too formal/dressy?

I have this really cute sweater dress, but it's kinda tight and I don't normally wear dresses to school. I see girls wearing dresses sometimes around school, but they aren't really tight (more like sun dresses) so I was wondering if a sweater dress would be considered too dressy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Potentially, yes. Depends on the school, the weather, what other people are wearing, etc. At 15 it would be a bit on the dressy side. The fact that it's form-fitting will attract additional attention. Totally your call. :) For most girls in most schools it's maybe not the best idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't sound formal at all to me, so go ahead.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• If you like the dress go for it, it's fall now so a sweater dress fits the season more than a sun dress.

• I would say no if you kept it simple (not a lot of jewellery and if you wear any make up keep it very minimal!) as long as you're comfortable and confident in it go for it girl!

• No, just be careful about accessorizing.