I feel like I'm trapped by my looks?

I have a rectangular face with too many strong features to be pretty. Everyone knows that men prefer cute, pretty girls. I even read a book that explained that round features make a guy feel protective towards a female and that's what triggers them to have caring feelings. "Manly" features were only able to make them want to sleep with the female, then leave her.

This makes me really depressed. Sometimes I think about it for what seems like days.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey there.

It's difficult to make any kind of real judgment without seeing that face which you seem to think is such a problem, but I honestly doubt you have much to worry about. Even if physical attractiveness is something that does awaken guys' interest, there are other ways to go about that too. So if your face isn't something you have confidence in, try to find some other attributes about yourself that you can believe in. Maybe you make friends easily, or are a good listening shoulder. Focus on what you do have, and look for guys who are more interested in that, than a pretty face. Because those guys do exist, I promise you. I personally know several guys who chose a less good looking girl because she was more fun to be around. So look inside yourself, find your strength, and then find guys who are drawn to that particular strength.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you shouldn't worry about you're facial structure. Trust me there are many guys out their that don't really care that much about looks because when it comes down to It if the girl is just a snobby bitch they might use her but dump her the next day. I mean their is this really cute girl that I know in my school, but I would never sleep with her because she's a ignorant women that only cares about superficial things.

• I don't think facial structure is all that important. In all honesty the thing I notice most about a girl is her eyes, and then her personality.

If you do find a guy who is only interested in facial features they really arnt worth your time and will probably be a bachelor for quite some time themselves

• It's supposedly unconscious though, so he won't even realize he's doing it ....

What Girls Said 2

• Don't be so harsh on yourself, what we see in the mirror is not always what others see. I highly doubt that the book you read has gone around the world and spoken to everyone with a rectangular face and got the assumption that guys sleep with them , then leave

I'm sure guys find you attractive ,everyone has beauty , just learn to love yourself. You are beautiful no matter what anyone says or thinks.

• Don't worry about your features so much. I know its hard not to being a girl and all but if a guy is going to truly like you its not going to be for your facial features he'll care about the personality inside and how big a heart you have. "]