Plus sized MALE model? What do you think about him?

Plus sized MALE model? What do you think about him?
I posted about him on a question asking about plus sized male models, so I thought I would make a question about him.
Link: Male plus sized model

Meet Zach Miko, Target's first-ever plus sized male model. :)

What do you think?

Personally, I think he's very good-looking. He has pretty eyes and great facial structure, despite his chubbiness. Would definitely date him, but he's married. Lol.

Updates:
Guys... He's a plus sized model. 😐 if he lost weight then he wouldn't be a plus sized model anymore, just a normal model. I see guys on here complaining that they wanted a male plus sized model so here is one. 😑

0|1
33|20

Most Helpful Guy

• The plus-sized models are the same as the skinny models in the sense they are portraying an unattainable ideal.

He isn't an accurate representation of the typical fat guy. He is over 6ft, has broad shoulders and above average facial aesthetics.

Its the same for a lot of the plus sized female models. The typical girl who describes herself as curvy is 5'4 with a squash body type. The "plus-sized" female models are usually taller than 5'7 with a body-type that still has near hourglass proportions even tho she's carrying extra weight. They also have better faces than the typical girl.

The whole idea of plus sized models being more relatable is just a joke. I actually prefer the skinnier models since they aren't pretending to be relatable.

7|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• hah about time

its hard out there for a male model. feminists never bother to strive for equality in the modeling industry
    jezebel.com/its-crazy-how-much-less-male-models-are-paid-compared-1444858888
    even though there is a pay gap worse than any other industry out there, there is a whole lot less opportunities and the crucibles and competition are far more difficult and far less rewarding. how many decades have gone by with girls complaining about plus size girls not being appreciated enough or being held to 'unfair beauty standards' while not even a single plus sized male model even existed? if you say he should lose some weight then you have NO RIGHT to expect anything different from the female models. either lower the bar for him or raise it for them but dont be a hypocrite

1|0
    0|0
  • In general, fat men are not as big of a taboo as fat women.

0|0
    1|0
  • Looks like a broski.

4|0
    0|0
  • finally they start freeing men from unfair beauty standards too. was about time. why do girls say they are "surpressed" again? XD men are !

1|0
    0|0
  • I like the idea! I think people needs to take a look at "plus size model" and relate themselves to it instead of thinking how skinny/fit they should be relating to the typical models.

1|0
    0|0
  • Eh, he looks rather average to me. I like the wider representation.

2|1
    0|0
  • looks like a linebacker for football lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he needs to lose some weight.

2|1
    8|1
  • I don't even think he's chubby, he just looks like a bigger guy.

3|2
    0|1
  • Plus-sized modeling is ridiculous.

2|1
    8|0
  • Clearly handsome BUT there's a slight different between plus size women and men - i know where your going with this

A lot of women like their men bigger than her, not a lot of girls would mind a guy like that.. But men like their women smaller.. so plus size negativity becomes more relevant when its with girls... sadly

0|0
    1|0
  • Girls are not gonna like that unless she is a oversized red neck lumber jack lol :P

1|0
    6|1
  • He could lose some weight and he would definitely look better.

3|1
    14|2
  • I'm similar to him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women only like a fat guy if he's rich.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't think attractive at all but dresses nice has good hygiene.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's a male. He modeled. I'm pleased with his work. That's pretty much it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Same thing I think about female plus-sized models: they're fat and unhealthy.

2|1
    4|0
    • Lmao. Fat people need clothes too Mr. Anon. :s

• Show All
    • Eh, what about a person with anorexia? Would they be unhealthy too?

• Clearly anorexic people aren't healthy.

• He's pretty slim for a plus size model. Can't really tell with him wearing that shirt.

5|0
    0|0
    • He's kinda chubby. :/

• Show All
    • Lololol, I would like to know your definition of healthy. He is average. Not unhealthy.

• @mikemx55 look at his wrists, he's small boned so for someone like that to be a little chubby they have to have a pretty bad eating habit and little to no exercise.

What Girls Said 32

• He does look pretty cute :)

5|0
    0|0
  • He's your average Joe.
    Realistically, whether he was muscular or stick thin a lot of models (facial feature wise) are average or below average in looks.
    Make up usually makes them look like they are much more attractive.
    So, even with the little weight added on I see him no differently than I would the average model.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really like him! I think that stores need to start using more diversified male models as well. I find guys of all shapes and sizes good looking. And it helps guys to see what the clothing would look like on them as well.

2|0
    0|0
  • He has a handsome face, yeah, but overweight (or obesity although he's clearly only overweight) isn't something I support so.. Meh 😕

4|0
    0|0
  • I never even thought of having plus sized male models :o

2|1
    0|0
  • he is hot, but i would rather him to be skinner

5|2
    1|0
  • He's ok looking. But I personally think we shouldn't be promoting overweight and obesity. Just like we shouldn't be promoting underweight models.

1|0
    0|0
    • Fat people need clothes too. I don't know how it's promoting obesity

• Show All
    • It's true that most are thin models. I just find both of the industries are messed up saying lose weight and gain weight. How about an industry that says neither.

• The whole point about models in a catalog is to represent the most average people as possible. What's the point of selling clothes that no one can wear? It's not their role to be what people should look like. Just as it's not the role of magazines to tell our girls what to look like.

• He's very cuddly. Not a sloppy "plus size" at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, I see no problem with him at all. And he is very good looking. To all the people saying women are complaining about models not showing your everyday women but you dont have every day men on the run way. You obviously dont know who runs the fashion world and that is gay men. How come you think the first models in the 50's where gangly skinny? It was easier for the designers whom where all gay men to design for that body type. a lot of people dont know what goes on the fashion world and who controls it which is men

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't find him attractive, not particularity because of his body, but he's too light for my taste. Anyways, he would look better if he was fitter.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's quite attractive. Still would look better a bit slimmer but I guess his wife loves him.

1|1
    0|0
  • Sure. Makes sense.
    He's got a very generic, boring look, though...

2|0
    1|0
  • He's handsome. I hate his hair in the second picture tho. But he definitely is not a bad looking guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's actually kind of cute, I wasn't expecting that when I saw the question lol

3|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date him because I'm not into chubby or overweight people but he does have an attractive face.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think he's even too plus sized? I mean maybe for clothing size but he seems over all healthy and I find him quite attractive.

1|0
    0|0
  • He is pretty cute I remember at my old high school there was a chubby guy who played on the basketball team and a lot of girls thought he was cute. Plus there is a difference between a fat person, chubby person, and a hefty person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I model part time
    I understand the need for plus size models to represent actual society
    I wouldn't date any of them though.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's hot 😍🔥🔥

1|2
    0|0
  • I don't find him attractive.

2|1
    0|0
  • He's sooo hot gurl oh m'looooord... *drools*

1|2
    0|0
  • Chubby guys!!! So much yes!!😍😍

1|3
    0|0
  • I think he's adorable. c:

1|0
    0|0
  • He's kind of cute.

2|1
    0|0
  • pretty eyes

1|0
    0|0
  • Love the eyes 😍

1|0
    0|0
  • I like his face so cute.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't see anything beyond his eyes xD xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Am I.. missing something here? ? He looks like a normal guy._. I wouldn't call him plus-sized unless we're talking about height, and he doesn't seem overweight to me at all... he just looks like a tall, broad, well-proportioned dude.

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol I guess he's plus sized to target.

• LOL, oh Target. Well I do admire that they're making efforts, at least.

• I think he needs to lose about 20kg to look good.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls