Do you, especially guys, dislike girls with a pixie cut?

By pixie cut I do not mean a bob or something short. I'm talking about a real pixie cut.

I want to get a pixie cut (now don't say "do what you want", I am asking to get a general opinion about this) and donate my very long, undamaged, hip-length hair to kids who don't have hair for different reasons. I noticed that if a girl cuts her hair short, she will probably be judged, especially from guys. I know that long hair for some reason means femininity to men, but why would you judge someone just because they are not as feminine as you want them to be? A women should be respected with short hair as much as a guy with long. That may sound weird, but I hear many very negative comments about this and that's sad. :( Would you be attracted to someone who is not as feminine (or masculine, if you're attracted to men) as you expected them to be? What lengh of hair do you prefer on a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like looking at women who look more feminine, which makes me prefer longer hair.

If you can get the pixie cut without looking more like a man, go for it. A lot of girls can pull it off, and for some... well, it just doesn't work for me.

Can I be attracted to someone with short hair? Hell yeah. I dated a girl who went from long hair to a mohawk (caught me by surprise), and I still dated her, no matter how terrible I thought it looked.

Your hair doesn't define you, but it does define a PART of you, and I look at the whole picture.

Most Helpful Girl

• basically depends on your face shape, if you have a short especially heart shaped face it'll look adorable,
    one cut definitely doesn't fit all. if you have a heart-shaped face, you can do pretty much anything. If you have a long face or a bigger forehead, you need something with less volume--it should be softer and more swept over the face. If you have a round face, then it’s better to have more volume on top with a slightly longer length.
    I've had an audrey hepburn esque pixie since I was 16 and no one ever called me a lesbian haha.

• Oval face shape?

• You can try pixie cut with bangs. light, side swept one's. Careful not to get too short in the back. (As in pretty much buzzed short lol)
      Oval shape is generally pretty forgiving, diamond and heart too.
      It's round, triangle and long faces that have a lot of trouble finding a good pixie.

Take a look at Emma Watson's pixies.

What Guys Said 14

• I prefer longer hair (shoulder length and longer) because that's my preference. I wouldn't be comfortable with my girlfriend keeping her hair long despite hating it for the sole reason that I like her to have long hair.

Sorry if this is harsh but I think 99% of girls with the super short haircut look like dudes and are not at all attractive.

• it doesn't phase me, im not that attracted to it, though ironically, I have seen some damn good looking girls who can pull off a pixie cut.

• I prefer girls with shorter or medium hair, maximum to shoulders. It's a preference that born with me...

The pixie cut is not a bad idea, and can make you really cute in my opinion.

If you want to avoid negative comments from your "buddies", go slow and just cut a little, then some months later go to one that is shorter than the last.

People will accept that style in you and don't treat you bad if you don't do radical changes.

But if you can handle them, cut everything now.

• I loves me a good pixie cut.

People who make negative comments... fuck 'em. Even my mother (who should know better) says any woman who has short hair and isn't an Anne Hathaway-esque waif looks 'like a lesbian'.

• I dislike pixie cuts not girls with pixie cuts.

• I don't like them. I like Long hair

• I dislike it, I like more feminine girls. And its really hard to be able to pull off the pixie cut well.

• No! I love girls with pixie cuts. They're the cutest in my opinion.

• I dislike anything shorter than shoulder length cuts.
    I don't get how/why they wouldn't be respected, I just don't find them appealing.

• i love it, if it fits her style. clearly doesn´t look good on everybody.

• I like hair shoulder length to around bum length on girls most, not really a fan or shorter or longer

• personally i hate. i think attractive girls should have long hair. but i know there are guys who don't mind it at all. if you're ok with not being a girl i would date, then go for it.

• Every guy has a different opinion on girls and what is or isn't attractive to them. Personally I love short hair on girls. I think a lot of girls look better with short hair than long. I'm sure more guys do like short hair as well but they won't admit it. Either way I like girls hair short. So if you do cut it super short I'm sure I'd love it!

• some girls can rock it (typically very skinny girls with small breask) but if a fat lady or avegare weight lady does it... its kinda not good

What Girls Said 3

• First off it is commendable that you would donate the hair to a worthy cause.
    Back to the question, (vanity side of things).
    I personally would dislike a pixie haircut on myself because I would definitely not suit it due to my face structure, I have shoulder length hair at the moment and not by choice, my hair is very damaged.
    I think it depends some people really suit pixie cuts and can pull it off like Rihanna! But other people, myself included, don't suit pixie cuts!

• Pixie cuts are cute.. I'm no guy tho so my opinion probably doesn't matter

• It does, a lot. I just said "guys" because they may had a stronger opinion about this. :P

• If the women has a nice face shape, it looks really good on her!

http://i.imgur.com/Im8g7nt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GHlN4lb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/c39uDTF.jpg