Hello good people! I am a 24 years old student, who has never had a girlfriend. I think I am just having bad luck (now I fell in love with a girl, who is my best friend's sister, but she likes other dude lol), but I think is also due to the fact that I am unattractive. What do you girls think? (Honest answers, see profile picture)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in your situation too, except I'm 2 years younger than you, I just turned 22 three days ago, I've always been single, I think women have it easier ,and this paragraph just nails my point:

"A woman can go to the bar, and if she really wants to, can leave with a man. A guy can go to many bars, and there's no guarantee he'll leave with a woman."

I'd certainly say it's harder for a guy to get a girl than the other way around. Most women, from the time they were around 14 or so, have been getting attention from males. Guys, on the other hand, generally don't have a cache of women to choose from.

That's not to say it's any easier for women; just because they have more options doesn't mean any of the guys available to them are really what they are looking for. On the contrary, the guys who are available to them are the guys who otherwise haven't found a girl yet; all else being equal, they're probably from the less-desirable side of the scale. In the end, guys have to look harder to find a girl, but once they've found one they're easier to please. Girls don't have to look very hard to find a guy, in reality they don't actually literally have to find a guy, it just happens, girls are takers and choosers, guys go after what they want, yes there is a good and bad side to it, but being a taker and chooser is better because you have more options, you get to control the outcome situations more often, but they'll have to wait for some time to get a good guy. But still, even if it is a great, good, long-term serious committed relationship, the guy was the one that initiated it, did all or most of the work in order to get the girl to be in a relationship with him.

Overall, even if it is a serious, committed, long-term relationship, a great one, or just a hook-up, one-night stand, casual sex, etc. Girls have it entirely easier initially, us guys have to do all or most of the work in order to anything with or from a girl.

Thats why I think women have it easier.

• Very insightful indeed lol but I doubt guys are all like what you said and believe me somes girls have it just as hard as guys.it all depends on the social convention of "hot looking" . "hot" guys are very easy to have girls all over him too.

• I think there are more guys out there who have never had a girlfriend than there are girls who have never had a boyfriend

• It's way easier for a girl to get a boyfriend than for a guy to get a girlfriend, I agree

What Girls Said 44

• first of all NO you re not ugly at all

you have realllly nice eyes

you have a nice skin tone

but I think you need to work on the hair, make it longer ,semi mohawk. perhaps with little wax.

the fact that she wasent intrested has nothing to do with how you look because you look good!

maybe there was something else that's missing

• you are not bad looking at all, however did you know that confidence and a good attitude make people even more attractive, they have done studies that show a person's personality can make them around 20% more or less attractive. Be confident and you will be even better looking!

• You're not ugly! You need a bit more confidence if you want the ladyfolk pining over you, however. And as for not having a girl friend by 24, don't worry about it. It will happen eventually! There are plenty of girls who get constantly overlooked by guys (you're reading an answer from one right now!) so I know there's someone out there waiting to be swept off her feet! You might not meet someone today, tomorrow or even two years from now, but it will happen eventually. Just keep trying!

• You are not ugly at all! Be more confident about your looks and that way girls will be more attracted to you. Don't worry:-)

• Your not ugly...just gotta get out more and be more approaching...girls like when you flirt a little and make the first move...just when they walk away or you see the sign tht there not interested move on...but ur not unattractive, just gotta find the right girl and have more of a attitude, in a good way lol

• Not ugly at all. But work up some confidence! It doesn't shine the best light on you if you have to ask other peoples opinion to see if you're ugly or not. Confidence is the sexiest thing!

• no you are not ugly.

• Don't feel that way. Start opening up more, be a bit chatty. You can ask questions that comes in your mind randomly to all girls. All girls have a different taste in guys. There are a lot of girls out there and who knows you will find a perfect one. If you have to work on a certain thing about yourself, such as bodybuilding or clearing acne, etc. so work on it without any regrets. Best of luck. I used to feel the same way until I automatically started feeling good about myself.

• Well, Metenojo... I think you're quite adorable

• i think you're cute

• No, sweetie. You are not ugly. You need to smile though, ;)

One girl you likes another guy, that's ok. Honestly, be friendly to girls. Not overly nice so that they fear you as a stalker, haha. Just nice, be yourself, and don't look for a girlfriend. Just make friends and something will develop. Sounds terrible but it works. Be confident. your not ugly. And everyone likes someone different. We're not Barbies and Kens...we each have our own look and personality. To each there own...

=) Your a cutie for sure. Really! Believe it. People see you as you see yourself, so see yourself as the handsome guy your are. Good luck!

• no way, your pic up there is handsome. ur a good looking dude. I've met way uglier dudes who get lots of ladies..so no its not unattractiveness., girls are usually more attracted to average looking guys wit big hearts. maybe you're too shy and that shows insecurity. be confident, and compliment girls alot..you gotta be like a big flirt and smile a lot if you tell her she's gorgeous you will have her twinkling on her toes.. trust me. us girls are weak for the sweet talking guys. looks aren't even half of it.

• Well, I think she is crazy because you look HOT! lol

• A lot of girls can tell if you don’t have confidence you need to just be your self and show that you a comfortable with you areas a person... girls will notice that that’s a huge turn on!…..no matter if you attractive or unattractive……and by the way your not unattractive at all!

• You're fine!

That girl likes someone else because she just likes someone else. So don't feel bad, that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you, often times we can't always help who we like. That doesn't mean you're not cute, she just feels a particular way about someone else. Chin up! =)

• I think your handsome, expect you look mad in your pic. I think that you should smile more to fix that. Hope this helps!

• Looks sometimes really have nothing to do with it. I've fallen for some pretty average guys just because there was something about them that I liked or found attractive. You've just got to be confident. Don't get creepy either or too persistent, that's the deal breaker there. Just be cool, calm, collective, act like you don't give a damn. Just put yourself out there and let girls see you can have a good time.

• you are not ugly! Its your fault you have no girlfriend ask someone out your the dude you make the first move!

• Hasn't it ever occured to you that he has made the first move and asked girls out but only to get rejected?

• you are not ugly at all, you are handsome and don't let anyone make you change who you really are just so they will like you. she should like you for who you are not who she wants you to be. if she doesn't like you then sucks for her because I'm pretty sure another girl will like you for who you are. there are more girls out there than just her. I hope you get the answer you were looking for and I hope everyhting goes well(:

• you are so not ugly. just fix yourself a little bit. and stop posting this stupid questions on this type of sites. get out there have some fun. and forget about this girl you like for now. maybe she doesn't even know that you are in love with her that much. try to get out there, see other options you have. you are definitely not ugly. also try to get a higher self esteem.

• What are you talking about? You are VERY attractive!

This girl OBVIOUSLY needs to open her eyes! :D

• not exactly my type but definitely not unattractive.

• dont feel bad because of one rejection. besides you haven't asked her out yet or anything anyway so how would you know. ms right is out there somewhere you just have to go out and find her. don't expect her to look for you.

• You're not ugly. Just be yourself, take pride in your appearance and be confident.

• i don't think ur ugly at all. I really like ur eyes. and who cares. there's planty other girls out there.

• You are HOT to look at (:

• You are not ugly, and you have very nice eyes.

• Not at all.. I'm very attractive in a way and fell for ugly guys..cause of their confidence and attitude! "that what made me like their looks".. so work on your confidence and you'll get there

• Huh? I don't think you're unattractive at all! If anything maybe you need to open up more and build your self esteem.

• You are not ugly. You need to be more confident, because if you think your ugly, people know. And how could anyone love you when you don't love your self. It to much work. Remember confidence is hot.

• More from Girls
    14

What Guys Said 20

• Since most of the people here have given the answer, I will explain you my case.

I am 26. I never had a girlfriend. I am straight. Most of the girls don't find me attractive, so they don't even look in my direction. Only 1 in 100 girls looks at me. Nothing just works. All my 20 marriage proposals were rejected by girls.I have had many girl friends, but never had even a single girlfriend.Believe it or not. All my friends have girlfriends and they laugh at me. There is nothing I can do.

I am a virgin. I have never touched or kissed a girl. I don't go to bars, discos or pubs. I don't visit hookers. I don't go behind girls. I don't drink, smoke or take drugs or consume liquor.

I am not a conceited guy. I am a nice and humble guy with average confidence level.

Girls like me only as a friend and not otherwise.

The only thing that I can do is work on my confidence level, communication skills and work related performance and appearance. I just can't change the way I look. Nature mad me that way.

So, I would say that there are people like us across the world and you need not worry about yourself.

• I know, it really sucks. If you're an averagely attractive guy, not unnattractive, but averagely attractive, you won't get noticed by girls unless you're either famous or rich. Just one of the not so good facts of life.

• Amrit I'm not gay but you seem like a handsome young man with a good personality, so women you go near are definately picky, shallow, money loving, basically don't appreciate a good guy. I'm on the same boat, I know how you feel my friend.

• I would agree with you on everything above except I have had one girlfriend I did mess around with but we never had sex...I think the point of it all is one day guys like us will find a sweet girl who went through the same and we will have a happy life togehter whereas the guys/girls that were with 25 plus people will find it hard to ever truly commit/trust

• It would be a cool and nice change of pace if the initiating process wasn't always done by the guy, but because that's been standard procedure for eons and eons, it's an ingrained part of the social fabric of dating that's probably not going away anytime soon.

In reality, it is much more difficult for a man to meet a woman, or for a man to meet a potential girlfriend than it is for a woman to meet a man, or for a woman to meet a potential boyfriend. Women are able to approach men, take the initiative and ask them out, and are also able to wait to be approached or wait to be asked out. Men can not wait and rely on women to approach and ask for the date because men WILL NEVER BE ASKED OUT, well at least very rarely, because in modern times, the present, I've heard of the gender roles being reversed, but it is still very rare. Men have to do everything or just about everything in order to get anything with a woman. When a man gets rejected he has to shrug it off and his friends would tell him to “be a man”. On the other hand, if a woman gets rejected, she would most likely take it as a personal insult on her inner child and her friends will comfort her. I'm not saying that me myself personally will go seek my friends after being rejected by a girl or that other guys should too. A woman is automatically accepted by society as a woman; whereas men have to prove themselves at every turn. A shy woman WILL get asked out or get approached by other men without having to over come it. However, us Men have to overcome shyness and social anxiety, social skills seem to have a bigger impact on Men than they do on Women. Men have to work more on themselves than women do. Men must have confidence, real self confidence, that is not based solely on how they look, but rather understanding and acknowledging their self worth in order to approach. Building up this type of confidence takes time and understanding."

• If you keep having that thought, you're going to ruin yourself from the inside.

Be thankful, you still have your hair on, many don't. Many pay thousands to clear their skin, yours is great. Get a nice haircut and buy yourself a tuxedo, arrange a meeting at the soonest event/party/celebration/meeting in your area, doesn't matter whom you're arranging that with, just get to a new place where some wonderful new people are spending time with your new looks.

That's irrelevant, but starting caring about your style and clothes will give you the biggest boost in confidence as a man. check this website:

www.details.com

click on "Rules of style", read a lot, take care of yourself.

By the way, the human being is the most beautiful creature on earth that God had created, how come you say this creature is ugly?

• I think you need to get some confidence you aren't ugly so you don't have a negitive from your looks if you have good hygiene that's a small positive than you just need to be more confident in who you are. You aren't sharing your better self you may not even be sharing yourself that is why you don't have a girl.

• Man, no homo here, but you have great eyes and I don't see much wrong with your face. Maybe you need to polish up on your communication skills.

• All you girls here who tells him he's is quite good looking and/or just needs more confidence: enough with the talk, why don't you offer to sleep with him? Look, if he never had a girlfriend at 24 years of age, he would probably be desperate enough to travel many hundreds or even thousands of miles to sleep with you. This would also give him more confidence. Thing is, all you girls just talk. If some girl on this site never had a boyfriend, and I considered them attractive, you can bet that I, along with most single guys here, would offer to help end her inexperienced status, sleep with her, tell her she is pretty. But girls won't do the same. Why? Because they don't really like you unless you really are a confident guy with some power (money) and stability. So stop worrying about looks. Just go for money / status.. It's really what they all want.

• k dude... sigh f*** lesson one. girls base their attraction mostly off of personality... lesson two.. never say you fell in love with a girl. f*** I should slap you for being a wuss... f*** man. just go here. sign up to the weekly news e-letter.. maybe even buy some of davids products. trust me it works 110% on everything. just sign up. and read the news letters religusly and try to apply what this man tells you. link doubleyourdating.com don't f***in hesitate. just do it. and... lose the wussy attitude. girls don't want a guy who's all sencitive and "nice" and careing way way too much.. they mostly go for the guys who are cocky/funny, ignore these girly advices because I can tell you right now. it WILL NOT WORK. betting advice from women is the worst idea in the world! don't ever do it! EVER!... just read the damn news letters, trust me...i use to be a lot like you.. but dave turned my life around... I use to be single all the time! now I can get laid. have a girlfriend what ever I want when ever I want. just read it. have a good one. good luck.. and don't take anything to hear. just laugh it off.. and have fun

• seriously, girls just have to be cute and pretty in order to get a boyfriend or date, that's all. Like the list of positive qualities guys need to have in order to be boyfriend material is much longer than the positive qualities that girls need in order to be girlfriend material.

• I know you asked for answers from women, but let me just say this. Based on what I've read, you are not a physically unattractive guy, but since you believe you are, girls will find you less attractive. Do something to help change your self-image, and you will be doing something to change others' perception of you as well.

• I'm not a woman, and I'm sorry if you're offended that me, a guy would post an answer on here... But from the looks of it, I don't think there are any problems with your looks.

Make sure you don't confuse the fellings of lust for love, because sometimes that will create a lot of problems.

A good idea would be to tell your best friend... if he really was your friend he would understand, and if he was an even greater friend, and does know that you're a pretty good guy, he'd even help connect you with her.

I'll also say, don't doubt yourself, sometimes the way women look at you is all in the motivational aspects, and I'm pretty sure you've gotten plenty compliments from women whether it be you're positive or average, it should still boost your self-esteem!

• Man I ain't gay or anything,but my friend who is a girl is looking at your pic right now & she says your a handsome looking guy, And from a guys point of view I'd have to say if you were left with my girlfriend I'd be a little nervous that she would hit on you. You just gotta get confidence if you don't have it,women love love love a confident guy,not a cocky guy but a confident guy.

• AAAAHHHH MY EYES! why would you tell someone to look at that?

nah just kiddin man... your not ugly, just a dude. like all the girls are saying... just work on self confidence. confidence is hot to girls.

• I'm not gay, but your probably striking out in the personality department.

• Nah your not ugly. Don't worry about it.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

• Bro, if you have to ask you will never know. It means a lot more for a lady to just say it because she means it.

• Nah, you're not ugly dude. Girls love confidence, next time you're around here just be super chill and treat this girl like she's your little sister and she might be more interested.

• Its all about confidence...

• Hell no. You don't have a thing to worry about.

• Firstly, your a decent looking guy my friend so your no way ugly! Unfortunately we live in an era where women are so picky about their men that many guys get overlooked, women seem to want cliche tall, dark, muscular and handsome. You will always get a very small minority who see beneath the skin (like the girls who have posted here) but other than that the sad truth is that women see looks and wealth first, also the "bad boy factor" rather than just an average nice guy. Never believe it when women say the personality comes 1st. I struggle with women and always will that's cos I'm not that great looking even though I have so much personality. But that's women for you!

• There are guys who do the same thing you say women do, and girls who are suffering the same as you!

• See AlwaysClassy men do the same but women seem to be worse because they deny going for mainly looks and come out with "oh the personality comes 1st" when in reality they prefer looks and other appealing stuff 1st! At least guys admit where we stand with women!!!!! lol

And I'm not saying all women are like this, again a very small minority such as yourself and the ones who have given negative points who actually do go past the skin. But again your a small minority I assure you!

• Let me assure you, I am straight. Judging by your pic tho, I don't think that girls are going to find you ugly.