Do guys prefer average looking girls?

I live in New York City and know lots of people here in the city and it seems that the less attractive girls, and average girls are the ones that get the guys. The beautiful model looking girls are the ones getting their hearts broken and can't find a guy to settle down with. So why is this do guys actually prefer the average looking girl when looking for a relationship?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• beautiful girls often get a lot of attention but mainly attract guys who just want sex

usually a guy that is super confident and wants to get laid will go after the most beautiful girl he can find, but that doesn't mean anything good because QUALITY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN QUANTITY. also since beautiful girls have higher standards and may be more likely to choose from guys with status or good looks...these guys know they are in high demand and often have the attitude that girls are replaceable (if I can get 1 hot girl I can get another one) and not take her as seriuosly

most of the girls I see that are in happy long term relationships are not all that hot. most of them are cute at best but usually average or a little unattractive. I think guys probably feel more comfortable with that kind of girl because he doesn't have a lot of competition for her attention, and because less pretty girls are more likely to not have to rely on their beauty. I'm not saying all beautiful girls have only looks to rely on we know that's not true, but many average girls know they don't have guys falling to their feet and never did, so they become more down to earth, caring and nurturing to a relationship...and because the guys that they get are usually the kind of guy who puts personality as a bigger priority therefore isn't mostly about sex and collecting notches on his bedpost.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• It could just be that the model looking girls have their standards set really high and are looking for some prince charming that comes along once every hundred years, whereas the average girls might be willing to settle for average guys who are all over the place. Thus the average girls are fishing in a much larger pool full of fish.

• People generally attract the type of person that they are. Superficial women will attract superficial men. Imagine how that works out? People who tend to stay down to earth have more values and get into relationships for the right reasons. My advice is to stop looking so hard. Just do your thing, sooner of later you will find a guy who thinks you are really special.

• Because most players are good looking... guys who want to be players but aren't good looking get view as creeps. Then you have the obvious fact that average girls talk to average guys who then fall for the girl they get to know.

• shallow is was shallow gets

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!