What should I wear to my friends wedding?

My friends wedding is in about a month. And she and her family and her fiance are very religious and extremly fashion foward or whatever at church. And this wedding I feel like everyone is going to be wearing thousand dollar dresses. She had pictures of one of her bridal parties.. those girls were seriously dressed then as I was gonna dress for her wedding. The invite says black tye.. let me go ahead and ask.. does black tye mean I wear black? Give me a break Im one of these girls that go to church in my best jeans and nice shirt and boots and every now and then a dress but it's rare. Me and another friend are going together so we have someone else to talk to. But I'm seriously freaking out. What do wear? Should I start looking now just so I'm prepared? By the way we are in college (19-20) so limited on the amnt of money I can spend for a dress.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Black tie" means tuxedos and evening gowns. Look for a consignment shop that sells evening gowns and you'll find some bargains.

Most Helpful Girl

• black tie just means formal. just wear a nice dress. you could probably look on David's bridal for ideas but honestly you can just get a normal formal dress from Macy's or jc Penney or even just anywhere. black tie just means formal, it doesn't mean wear black haha

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Unless you are a bridesmaid (which it doesn't sound like you are) then you can wear whatever you want! Just wear something that looks nice and is formal! Just be sure not to wear white! (Assuming the bride is wearing white). :)