Feminine or tomboy?

i tend to go towards the feminine side, as do most girls ususally, i think, but I've noticed a lot of femnine girls labelling themselves as "tomboys" rather than girly/feminine girls. is femininity shunned in our society? and ladies, what do you tend to identify as? and what would you describe the average feminine girl as, style and personality wise?

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem is that people are so eager to be different than the rest, than they think calling themselves tomboys makes them more special even when they're not tomboys. Therefore they bash on the girly girls because "that's mainstream".
    I prefer girly girls, I want someone that's different than me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am very feminine, but I do like to have fun and play games and stuff, so I guess I would be girly-nerdy, hehe XD

What Guys Said 10

• Polarization is seen as unsavory to a lot of progressives these days. If you are a really masculine man people hate on you if you're a really feminine beautiful girl people hate on you. It's like everyone's slowly getting really insecure with themselves.

• To be honest! I'm probably a more feminine type of guy! Like I have my moods aha somedays I'm crazy feminine and girly but other days I'm not! I dont see femininity as a bad thing. But having said that I do get easily embarrassed of my feminine side!

• dont get embarrassed about it, its who you are, and personally i think its great when guys can show some emotion and enjoy conventionally "female" things

• Thank you :) I try! it can be tough because of what people say a male can and can't do but society isn't perfect!

• Yeah, I think the women of today, at least in the West, feel awkward if they come off as a super-feminine girly girl. The media heavily pushes the ideal of an quasi-masculine, domineering, independent, strong women, and that ideal rubs off on girls heavily, and men somewhat. I'm all for women being that kind of woman if that's what they want, but I think those who don't do it anyway, despite the fact that its not what men like. It's sad, because it kind of sets you up for failure, at least in relationships.

• Both in girl is good for me

• I don't really count people as "tomboys" unless they actually don't wear makeup.

• I just don't care what society sorry "fucking ducking society" thinks
    I'm what I'm
    You're what you're (cute af)
    And we only live it once so
    Enjoy 😶?

• Feminine as a whole, but I like a girl who intergrates with male and what masculinity is about. By that I mean gets involved with stuff I get up to.

I would get involved with her stuff too.

• I prefer tomboys.

• Haha @Pooping... that word just makes me laugh.

• Feminists destroyed femininity. Basically, women have to be men, and men aren't allowed to exist -- if either gender doesn't do that, then feminists start bitching and passing warped legislation.

What Girls Said 9

• just do you !

• Are you really trying to divide all the girls in the world on two groups x)
    I like to dress up, put a make up on, etc.
    But my way of talking and acting is totally tomboyish.
    So what am I then? .-.

• It depends to each occasion I have a style.
    I like mixing things up ^^
    But usually, my style is sporty or artsy/hipster

• When it comes to style I'm kind of a tomboy but I have long hair and wear dresses when needed (I'd rather not but it doesn't bother me that much). And personality wise, I have no idea lol I'm probably in the middle?

• I wanna add that I think gender roles are incredibly stupid.

• on a casual day i am a tomboy but i can get myself dolled up if i want to

• i noticed it was really shunned to be girly or feminine in certain places i grew up in

• I'm feminine and proud :D

• Definitely girly!

• Tomboys :D I'm a bit tomboyish but still keeping my femine side ;)