Long hair + Facial Piercing = ???

So, guys and girls, my hair goes down to about 2 inches past my shoulders, and my left eyebrow has a hoop. What first impression does this give?

Seems like I''m making the wrong impression...I'm 16, am going to college working on my Associates of Science, and so I guess I want give off a more...professional (?) feel. Any suggestions that don't include chopping off my hair...? *pout*

Most Helpful Girl

• Metalhead...I'm a highschool girl and love metal, of all types, and I'm not talking about crappy metalcore (all my favorite bands have at least like 2 members with really long hair!). However, I'm one of the only girls in my grade who does.

And on top of that, while I'd probably think you're totally cool if you're a musician, I still don't find long hair on guys appealing - ever. Not someone I'd want to be with, because it does come across as slobbish, IMO. So if you're looking for a girl, keep your style and piercing, but cut the hair (like 3-4" is a good length) and you'll definitely have an easier time finding someone right for you.

What Girls Said 6

• It gives me the impression that you have garage band, live your mom, and smoke pot.

For me personally, it'sa turn off if a guy has longer hair than I do. (Mine is shoulder length). Generally, long hair on a guy translates to me as lazy or unkempt. Shaggy hair is hot, long hair not. But that is just my personal opinion. Girs went crazy over Hanson, and they all had long hair.

As for eyebrow rings.I think they're hot.

• Trashy/stoner.

• it is cool if you can carry yourself well. Way of expressing yourself is not bad at all for me.

• first impression.. metalhead?:)

• at frist impression I think ur a thug but I don't know you that's a preaty general qustion

• I don't like it.

What Guys Said 3

• Keep your hair clean (not that you don't already just... y'know) maybe get it kind of straightened up/combed so it looks more dignified. Also, how you bear yourself has an affect on how people see it. If you wear (as in, how you feel when you're out; Not what style) it like you're ready to start headbanging at any moment, you'll seem like a rocker. If you wear it like, "yeah, it's just my hair, I'm not trying to offend you with it, it's just how I wear it" then it might not seem so beatnik. I had a mohawk for a while (just a short one) and when I was at work some guy came up and asked a question. He then commented that even though I had a mohawk (which generally wouldn't have been a sign of the kind of person management would want working in the establishment) it didn't seem like I was wearing it "offensively", it was just how my hair was. It's just that difference in mentality that can change a lot about how you look.

• Get rid of the piercings. They/it make you look immature and unthinking in a professional setting. Longer hair is becoming a little more acceptable.

As the Lead Engineer, and Manager of the Engineering department for my firm, if you arrived with that thing on your face, your interview, if you got to that point, would be the quickest in history, and not positively for you.

Look, I've got,and have had long hair almost all my career (25+ years), and know the battles that come with it. Just keep it clean, neat and styled in an appealing manor and you should be all right. Just be prepared to get it cut to advance your career.

Good luck.

• Punk/rocker, poss. metalhead.

(thumbs up for playing bass)