American ladies of GAG: Shampoo & Conditioner?

So I am heading off to the USA in 19 days :D and was going to just buy body wash, shampoo and conditioner when I arrive. However as I'm unfamiliar with the brands over there, what is something that you would suggest? Any good brands? I'm not looking to spend much, just a reasonable amount. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I have fine oily hair!

Most Helpful Guy

• Shampoo depends on the person. I just experiment and usually keep 3-5 different ones that I like. For common brands that you can get anywhere, I like Aussie brand. I noticed a few others mentioned it also, so it sounds like a winner. I have fine dry hair and I use the Aussie Moist for both shampoo and conditioner.

I noticed that you asked about organic. Most of the large grocery store chains have organic sections. Kroger in the eastern half of the US usually has a large organic section which I'm pretty sure has shampoo, but not positive.

• Yes a lot of people have said the Aussie brand is good, I might try that as well :) I'm surprised we don't have it here in Aussie!

• Yea, it's just typical marketing. It's US and Canada. Nothing to do with Australia. It even has a picture of a kangaroo on the bottle. Kangaroos are well known for using the best shampoos available. :)

Funny, just yesterday I was reading about a fan meetup for gamers. It was at a pub in Melborne. Most of the menu was American style this and American style that. None of it sounded very American. We get the same thing internally. In California they market New York style pizza. In New York they market California style pizza, which basically means it has all kind of "weird" stuff on it that almost nobody in California actually eats.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• I dated a hairstylist for a while. She never touched the store brands. She would only get Paul Mitchell, Kenra, or salon-tier brands. But I don't know if you are that intense about your brands or not.

• Where in the US are you headed? (Just curious)

• Los Angeles, Orlando and New York :)

• I'm from Australia, so no where near Europe haha but it would have been interesting to see! I never would have thought it would look like Europe

• At least the small streets, where we usually stay in Paris as there are too many tourists elsewhere.

• I like bio-silk. Sometimes that gets a little pricey but it is good to start out with.

• any kind is fine. they're all the same.

• My daughters use Pantene if that helps

What Girls Said 8

• OMG TAKE MEEEE!!!

• I'm Canadian but I guess it's kind of the same. I mostly use Herbal Essences for shampoo and conditioner (I change it up but rn I'm using the stuff in the red bottle, it smells like raspberries and feels like silk). For body wash I am using the pistachio (?) Dove stuff. It smells like cookies. Seriously.

• Oh I use herbal essences here, so if I can get that in the USA that would be great! I'll have to keep an eye out :)

• I have always liked TRESemm√© (especially their "Naturals" options), Aussie, and natural lines found at organic stores.

Happy travels!

• Thanks for the advice! Might seem like a stupid question, but are there any organic stores that are all over the USA? If so, what are they?

• I suggest Carol's Daughter brand of shampoo and conditioner. It's healthy for the hair, it doesn't contain harsh chemicals.
    For body wash, try Lush, their products are colorful, come in cool shapes, and they smell super nice. Plus, if you buy a big bar of soap from Lush, it will last you long, and you'll economize.

• Garnier is really good for my hair, I also like Aussie 😃

• i use this brand called organix, its really good.

• Caress bodywash
    Smells good.

• I change them quite frequently. Lately I've been using Elvive Extraordinary Oil (the yellow bottle) or the red one for dyed hair. As for body wash umm I usually use Dove.

• Oh sorry, you said American.