Why is he doing this to me? Why does he look at me?

I'm in university, and so I missed one of my lab last summer, and in the make up lab, I saw this ( lets call him A) guy. Now the entire 3 hours, I could sense his eyes on me, and I'm not gonna lie, but I found that I was instantly attracted to him. Now every time I looked his way, he was looking my way, and for the 3 hours I was in the same room with him, it was like electricity was running through me, and the entire room was on fire. So when the year began in the fall again, I noticed that he was in a couple of my classes and in one of my labs. Now how did I know he was in my lab? well when we had the first lab, I saw him from across the room, and once I saw him, I was hooked to him once again. the entire lab, he looked my way, I looked his way too, and a few times, he kept the staring going longer than normal...like he was telling me he was looking at me. Now at the end of the lab session, we had to separate into 2 groups, and so if you wanted to be in group 1 you had to write your name on one sheet, and if you wanted to be in group 2, you had to write your name on another. I got up, and I wanted to be in group1 , and I noticed that he was waiting to sign up for that group too. I decided to ask him a question and said, hey, your waiting for this group too, and he just said yea. and end of convo. so I waited for about 3 minutes for the crowd to die down, and then was like screw it, I'm gna write my name in group 2 instead, so I did, and he saw me, and he took his pencil, and wrote his name right under mine. I saw him 2 weeks later in my lab section, and since then, I see him look my way a lot during the labs, but he hardly ever talks to me or anyone else for that matter, we have spoken a couple times, but its always been brief. and if we see each other on the way out, or outside, he will smile, and I will smile back. Now back to classes we have together, so I always sit in the same spot, at the back, and he always sits behind me if he can, and if he can't sit behind me, he will sit in front of me, and I see him look my way when I walk by, and I sense his gaze on me. I think it might be just me, but then again, you should see the look he has on his face, its so confusing. He looks at me with piercing eyes, and a solemn face, like he's looking right through me. Another thing is that he hardly talks to girls, I have only seen him talking to his female lab partner, and that's about it honestly. We see each other constantly, everywhere, and I'm too scared to even smile his way. And I'm not a shy person, I can talk and do talk to my friends within the lab, and when he's around, but I just can't talk to him, or am afraid . What is going on with me, and I am just jumping to conclusion on my own, or is he staring for a purpose. PS. He's has a nice body, and I think he's handsome. I'm probably 15 pounds heavier/ not fat but "healthy". I guess, I don't even think he would find me attractive. PS. does he glance for a reason or do guys like to glace and stare.

Most Helpful Guy

• This sound so similar to my situation. I think I glance and stare like the guy you like! And yea he definately have a crush on you. And just like the guy, I can't bring myself to talk to my crush, if I do it will sound awkward, so the convo normally ends quickly.

Try this, try to accidently brush his arm when you walk pass him during labs, I imagine there will be a lot of moving around during labs. If you can, smile when he stares, see if he reacts.

I remember on the first months of lab classes, me and my crush used to just stare at each other as soon as we know the other person is in the same room. Seriously, as soon as I enter the lab class, the first thing I do is find her and our eyes lock on for most of the lab. Its electric like you say.

Oh yea, he prob thinks yur stunning too!

What Guys Said 3

• He is hooked on you. He stares because he likes you and is thinking about you alot. However it does not sound as if he knows how to tell you. So, what you do is help him. Drop hints not like raind drops, but more like bricks. In other words make it so obviouse that the whole class can tell. Bumb into him, say nice things to him, and try to spend time with him when you can. The more he belives that you want him to say how he feels the more likely he will.

• well hoestly guys only "stare" at what is appealing to them and turns them on. I would say that he truly finds you HOT and that's why he stares at you. He more than likely shy...very shy and needs a nudge to break the ice between you two. The fact that you are kinda the same way when you are around him tells me that you find him just as attractive as he does you. Now as silly and elementary as it sounds...why not try passing him a note. Explain to him that you have seen him looking at you and that you hope he thinks you are attractive and that you find him attracitve and would like to talk more and get to know each other better. Start out with emails, or texting, and then work up to talking on the phone a bit. Before you know it you two will be having conversations and dinners. This will help both of you get over the shy barrier at first with each other. crawl>walk>run>sprint ;) good luck

• He's definitional can't get enough of you. If he just stared at you once, it doesn't mean much, but if he's doing it every time he sees you, means he really likes you.

He could be a shy guy, or introverted. If he talks to guys, but not so much to girls, he's shy, if he just keeps to himself he is introverted. If he is shy, spend as much time as you can with him, he will slowly come out of his shell. If he is introverted he won't change all that much, but he will make an effort because he likes you, and will show it in less subtle ways.

Don't worry about you weight, guys don't fancy super model bodies all that much anyway, I've always thought the girls who are slightly overweight, in a "healthy" way, look sexier.

• No wonder your newzealand their big :p...please don't get offended I'm half

• *he definitely *your....

@vanessajkgk wow size 8-12 is "big"?!?!?! You're nuts...

What Girls Said 3

• well guys love to look and he does like you trust me he wouldn't be staring like that if he didn't and maybe the reason he doesn't have a long conversation is because he's shy and he can't think when he's right infront of a buetiful girl so just ask him how he feels about you

• He likes you.

• make it a point to be his lab partner at some point... make it into a situation where he can't avoid you. if you miss a day of class find him on you interschool e-maill sysytem and write him an email asking for notes.

see if that opens up anythig for you... or ask him to be in a study group to start off with and then go from there.. (cuz then you'll be with a group o fpeople and not just alone at first?) I have a similar situation going on in my class but I have EVERY class with the guy for the next 2 years.. we've discussed th possibility of things going further after doing the starging thing for the first whole semester (which was miserabl;e) finals week though I needed a study buddy and that's all that we decidedto be..