Is it abnormal to care so little about how you look?

I am currently in 10th grade, and I have noticed that most if not every girl in my class wears makeup and jewlery and other things to look prettier, which I don't really understand because they look prettier in their natural states, anyways they wear tons of perfumes and other cosmetics but I never felt the need to use any of these things? Like I don't care about how people look, I just don't get it, will their beauty benefit me in any way? I don't know haha

Most Helpful Guy

• Those girls are just trying to impress the other girls. Infact. They are very insecure. They feel they need the putty knife to put of 30 lbs if make up and all the bling. I bet they prance around like they are sit shit and think there shit don't stink ! Fuk em !

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't want to wear those things, it's totally your choice. You do you :) However, keep in mind that just as their choices don't make them better than you, yours don't make you better than them.

• I don't get where you got that idea from, but I'm just curious as to why humans are so interested in looking good ;)

• If it makes you happy and comfortable to present yourself in a way you like, why would it not make other people to present themselves in a way they like?

What Guys Said 3

• I also prefer a more natural look on people. But having a put-together appearance will get you far in life, it emulates that you have yourself under control. Things like makeup and perfume are not necessarily needed. I am a bit of a perfume-hater myself, girls these days wear way too much they don't realize the point of perfume is to only be able to smell it when you get up close not from across the room.

• Those people are socialized to believe that those weird things they use are a necessity to be "feminine and attractive", but they are wrong, and you are correct.

• If you look good without cosmetics, then you are top tier. You are 1 in 100. That's all I really look for in life. Girls who look good without changing and falsifying themselves.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, I wear jewelry and perfume but I don't cake myself in makeup. Maybe that's why I have a "butterface"