Is it true that persons who wear sweatpants have lost control of their lives?

Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld: 'Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.'

Opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not true. I don't view it as: "I've lost control of my life" but rather "I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks and I'd rather dress comfortably than dress nicely." And I certainly don't care what any fashion designer thinks. Lol

What Girls Said 14

• I'd disagree, haha. I lost control of my life and I still don't own sweatpants. XP But seriously, I just think it's a sign that a person finds sweatpants more comfortable than other pants, and occasionally will choose to feel good rather than look good. That's all.

• No they just have no one to impress

• No, clothes are material things which does not decide your life and happiness. What you do and how you think decide how your life turns out. The thing about clothes, if you dress well you often feel better too, but sweatpants is no problem to use.

Using swetpants just means you have a relaxed clothing style. There is of course some extreme cases where people do not even bother showering or to take care of their hygiene, they just hurry up and put on some sweatpants because it is easy.

He might refer to the extreme cases. He is a fashion designer and sweatpants are not very fashionable so not very suprising he bashes it.

There is always some sort of fashion sterotype which is not always 100% right

• Of course a snobby, holier-than-thou fashion designer would say that, because the rest of the REAL people knows that there's not anything wrong with rockin those sweats. So long as you don't accompany said sweats with fuzzy slippers and a gallon tub of ice cream you're ok.

• I wear sweat pants at home because they're comfortable af.

• He has a point. Sweat pants make you look like you have given up on being fit and attractive and are now trying to be aggressive to compensate for it.

• In public - yes...
    Or they simply don't care what other people think or how they present themselves.

• 1|0
  • Well some have that style, like dancers, trainers, acrobats, etc. But Karl Lagerfeld is a high fashion designer so I would say that for him wearing sweatpants would be a defeat. I can sympathise with him though. For me too it would be a defeat since I have sworn to never wear sweatpants/yogapants to school or work besides if I'm sick or have PE that day. It goes against my own moral and I feel so lazy wearing them. So depends on the person, and who they want to be for themselves.

• Hell no. They're comfy. People embrace life in sweatpants.

• No, I've lost control of my life and I don't own any.

• its more like " COMFFFYYYYYYYY PANTS!!! "

• I used to wear sweat pants all the time in middle school. Now I just wear skinny jeans

• I don't know, I own a few pairs of sweatpants. I wear them in winter when it's really cold , since they keep me warm. They are also comfortable! I do not war them out in public, though, they are my house pants.

What Guys Said 16

• I think that's more true for people for whom wearing sweatpants is their primary wardrobe choice. It indicates that they never operate in circles where other clothing is required

but lets face it, if I'm sitting around at home you better believe sweatpants are going to be an option

• No way. Lagerfeld is a douchebag. Wear whatever you want as long as you are aware that whatever you are wearing is a statement.

You've only lost control of your life if you admit to yourself you have. If you're confident and successful you can wear sweatpants. I am confident and successful and I wear them (at home) because they're comfy. Don't like it? Tell me I've lost control of my life and see if I care.

• Not necessarily, but they do look frumpy. It could be a sign you are subconsciously feeling out of control and don't want or feel the need to put in effort. Neglecting to participate in things like hygiene and proper dress is also said to be a symptom of depression.

• I never wear sweatpants out of the house
    Only at the gym or when I am inside my home

That's it. I just think people should dress a certain way before entering a public environment

• I'm wearing sweatpants right now... maybe this is my wakeup call 😯

• they are comfortable and I don't need to get dressed to the 9s to impress people at the grocery store or gas station

• I had to laugh at that quote cuz it sounds random, but its true kinda.

• Well I figure if you're too demoralized to even zip up a pair of pants then yes, sweatpants are a sigh of defeat. That's certainly why I wear em. Though sometimes its because I'm actually sweating in them, i. e. working out.

• I do it because I prefer comfort over style. I'm not trying to impress anyone.

• I agree if it's in public!

• LOL I have one pair for lounging. The majority of the times I wear ripped skinny jeans.

• LOL. Funny quote.

• Stupidest thing I've ever heard. I wear sweatpants all the time and my life is going well.

• don't get his point... i wear them for the lulz... i don't give a fuck about fashion or how they look or wear dark glasses to conceal his eyes out of insecurity or whatever..

• That might just be the most stupid thing someone who isn't stupid has said.

• At last! Someone has discovered the universal truth!