When to comb your hair?

Should you comb it when its wet or dry? I've heard if you comb it when wet it can damage your hair as it as its weakest?

Most Helpful Girl

• Brushing it while it's wet is more damaging than combing it. And if your hair is short it won't make much of a difference since it won't tangle as much. It does make a difference if it's long, however, because then you might get more tangles and there's a much bigger chance that you'll break it if you're too rough. If you have long hair, you should start by combing it from the bottom and working your way up. That way the tangles won't gather into one big messy ball of ruined hair at the ends.

What Girls Said 3

• I've heard combing while wet is more damaging too... but I still comb it right after I shower. It leaves my hair a more manageable texture when it dries if I tame it while it's wet. Also, it's easier to detangle hair when it's wet because it kinda slips out of tangles. I have very wavy hair naturally... it's a beast. lol I don't use hair products beyond shampoo/conditioner though.

• I don't touch my hair when it's wet, for that reason. I sometimes run my fingers through it just so it isn't all over the place, but it won't brush it until it's dry.

• When it's dry.

What Guys Said 2

• I doubt it actually makes a difference.

• combing your hair while its wet is very bad for your hair! it can even cause hair loss