Hypothetical situation: Is it OK to ask your girlfriend to get a piercing?

Just a hypothetical situation that I've been wondering about. Recently, I've been finding piercings on a girl, especially septum piercings, to be a real turn on. It never used to really stick out to me, but recently I keep finding my eyes drawn to the girls with piercings. It's not that I think that any girl with a septum piecing is instantly attractive to me, but to me a gorgeous girl can accentuate her features with a piercing. So I was wondering, say if you, like me, like pierced girls, but your current girlfriend doesn't have one, and you think she's beautiful and would look great with one, is it OK to ask her to get one? Girls, would you be offended or a little freaked out if your boyfriends asked you to get a septum piercing? Is it something that many girls might like to do, but are worried that it would be a turn-off, rather than a turn-on? I think also if your girlfriend did want it, it would make a nice present to pay for the piercing and a nice piece of jewelry too. As I said, just a hypothetical situation, I'm just interested in what people think. For the record, I am single, but it might be helpful to know in future if it's too weird a thing to ask of a future girlfriend!

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess if you worded it so that it came across that you think she would be super hot if she got the piercing. But really, you should never go into a relationship with the expectation that your partner should change their body to what you are attracted to. Its better you just find somebody who has the features you desire already.

• Thanks for the reply. I agree, if I was in this situation, I'd never expect her to agree to it unless she actually really wanted it as well. And you're quite right, it's better in my case to look for girls who are already into piercing and would like it. Thanks for the response though, it's helpful to know what other think.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's okay to ask for anything. So, you can suggest she gets a piercing. The decision is hers, but you're free to suggest.

What Girls Said 4

• I'd maybe be a little surprised if he asked me to get a piercing, but I wouldn't be offended or freaked out. However, I'd probably say no.

• Thanks for the reply. Your response seems perfectly reasonable - if I was asking my girlfriend to get a piercing, and she replied as you said you would, I would be perfectly OK with that and it wouldn't change our relationship. I think of it as like asking your partner to wear something, or buying some clothing for them that you would like to see them wearing, in that if they didn't like it, it wouldn't bother me (although I might be temporarily disappointed) although obviously the big difference with a piercing is that it's asking someone to do something to the their body, rather than just wearing something. Thanks again for the reply.

• yea its weird... one simply does not come and impose stuff about their SO.. that's controlling also you should accept her as she is

• no it is not okay to ask your significant other to pierce a hole in their body for you if they do it because you asked then they don't know how to be an individual and you might have a codependent clingy girl on your hands. But it's fine to bring up your turn ons if she goes out and does it because she wants to then it's all good.

• I don't consider it to be okay. You can mention to her that you find it attractive, but it's not a good idea to ask her to get one.

What Guys Said 0