GAGer's How Frequently due you Shampoo Your Hair?

So how frequently do you shampoo them? What kind of shampoo do you use? I shampoo my hair after every two days and I have to use a variety of shampoos since I have combination type hair and can't stick to either just drying or just moisturizing types!

*do

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't use shampoo at all. My mom makes a hair soap for the both of us with all natural soap and lavender oil. It smells so good😄

• Which is the soap?

• She buys bulk sulphate free soap base at a big health food store and had her own mold. Then she adds like Shea butter or some Doterra oils and presses out a square of soap. Its her biggest hobby😄

• That's so cool

What Guys Said 14

• Never! Bwahahaha... I shave my head so there is no need.

• Every two days and I use this herbal shampoo. It's pretty amazing if you use it with the same product's hair oil.

• I shampoo once a week.

I'm a black guy, so my hair doesn't get that oily.

• I shampoo my hair every other day. So if I do it Monday, I wouldn't do it Tuesday but I would Wednesday.

• Shaving cream, almost every day :)

• 3-4 times a week.

• Every other day usually.

• every day. usually I take a shower :)

• Does not shampooing daily dry out your hair? Which brand do you use?

• I don't take anything special... but I have oily hair so I pretty much have to do it anyway

• I do mine about twice a week.

• I shampoo my hair after every two days as well

• Every other day with Old Spice.
    Have my dad's hairline though so I probably won't be shampooing much longer LOL!

• Never. Shampoo and conditioner is not necessary, and in some cases can even be harmful to your hair. So i just wash it with water.

• What? And your hair gets clean only by water?

• Yes. My hair is naturally very dry, and using shampoo makes it worse. Shampoo is only beneficial to those who have naturally very oily hair.

In fact, in my case, i sometimes have to use coconut oil to make my hair more oily rather than dry.

• Every two months.

• Almost everyday unless i haven't sweated or it's not oily. I play sports quite often so... I need dat shampoo

What Girls Said 17

• Every other day... I'm liking The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo. It makes the hair nice and soft. It works better depending on the water of the place you're showering, I've noticed. Like when I was in a different country, it worked amazingly. At home in NY, it works nice but not amazing.

Still haven't find a shampoo I'm in love with. I just want something to smooth my super wavy thick hair.

• I typically shampoo my hair once a week. I am very mixed with Brazilian, Afro-Brazilian, Japanese, and French so I have extremely thick hair. I've found that my hair is healthiest and strongest when I am not constantly washing out the natural oils.

• I wash my hair with Biologe Hydrasource about every 5-7 days and then refresh the roots with Batiste dry shampoo starting like day 3.

• I shampoo my hair every other day. I have this really nice mint shampoo, it's super cheap but it makes my hair feel surprisingly nice.

• May I ask the name of the brand?

• I'm pretty sure it's just generic brand shampoo, it's from this cheap store called ALDI for 55p a bottle. I think it might be called Carino, but I'm not 100% sure, and I don't think it's available outside the UK :)

• Oh OK thanks :)

• I use a purifying shampoo by tresame? Dunno. I shampoo everyday but I kinda water down the shampoo and only ever do my scalp. And I only condition my ends. And then once ever two or 3 days I'll make a honey/lemon/cinnamon/clove mask for my hair and dump it on there then rinse it off without shampoo. It makes everything soft and it kinda lightens my hair up, minutely, everytime I do it.

• I used to wash my hair with shampoo everyday but then I read it wasn't good and that it's better when you don't do it often, now I'm doing it 4 days a week.

• I shampoo my hair after every two days as well and I just buy whichever shampoo is on sale and seems alright.
    And I don't use conditioner because I find it makes my hair go greasy faster then when I only use shampoo.

• twice a week i use garnier shampoo for curly hair

• I shampoo every 2 days. My hair gets oily because of work out and sweating.
    I try to use mild shampoos like Nivea to keep outer surface soft and dove but I also use conditioner and serum frequently.

• Every other day. Atm I'm using Herbal Essences' Long Term Relationship shampoo and conditioner, the one that smells like raspberries.

• Is it good? Herbal Essences never suited my hair.

• I like it. Personally, it's the only kind that works well with my hair. There's something in it that leaves my hair perfect - not too dry and not too oily.

• With my job it's almost daily.

• Three to four times week.

• Every second day, I use an Oil based shampoo

• Once every two weeks! I use Wen or Tresseme

• How is Tresseme?

• It's not good as Wen. Tresseme conditioner is fine makes my hair soft enough, but the shampoo makes my hair feel rough afterwards. Wen is a shampoo and conditioner, it's more expensive, but my hair is extremely soft and fluffy after using.

• Ok thanks for the advice. Time for Wen !

• twice a week since it dries my hair

• Every 2-3 weeks. Afro textured hair requires less washes since it gets dry and produced less oil.

• wash my hair about 3 times a week