Who else thinks fake nails are trashy?

• Yes
  • No
  • Waste of money

Most Helpful Guy

• Totally trashy. Plus a waste of money when you can grow your own

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• I have neevvveeerrrr heard a guy go...
    "oohhh did you do your nails? They are so preeeetttttyyyyyyy
    TOUCH TOUCH TOUCH TOUCH TOUCH TOUCH TOUCH"

Healthy , well trimmed , pink nails any day.
    www.hamqa.com/.../healthy-nails-2.jpg

Over... well... psychedelic colors.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6e36a447f1.jpg

But at the end of the day , their body , their choice.

• Depends on how long they are. I've seen some that look like regular nails and clean (possibly white color) and I've seen some that make me go..."really?"
    I think above a half an inch is trying too hard a. k. a trashy.

• not trashy, I'm indifferent.

• You realize if you have an opinion on it, you are not being indiffrerent about it?

• @takumii I realize I didn't form my sentence properly to actually make sense, but right now I really don't give a fuck lol.

• I wouldn't call them trashy, but I do like natural nails better. And I don't care if they're long or whatever.

• Waste of money

• Yes, they are. Paint them instead.

• Some girls can pull it off.

Still a waste of money since nails usually grow fast.

People just don't water flowers anymore.
    They just pluck.. & pluck again ~

• Fake nails can be pretty and feminine, as long as they aren't too long. :-D

• They are a waste of money and time in my opinion. Have seen some horrible ones :/ Not to mention they look weird on a closer look but well :P That's my opinion ;) No offense to anyone.

• I find fake tans more trashy

• If they are too big or over done then yeah it's pretty trashy.

• They sure do suck, who even notice nails lol

• I dislike fake nails for the same reason I dislike make-up. Just be yourself.

• The pointy ones r hot to me I don't know y

• Depending on the length. I've seen girls with rather short fake nails and the so called French, it does look nice on them most of the time.

• I can't stand fake nails on a girl

• Yeah, totally. And they look so ugly

What Girls Said 24

• I wouldn't say is trashy, but I've hardly seen any I liked. I'm not a fan of long nails in general though. I hate when mine are long, mostly because they get in the way when I'm working. Fake nails seem really impractical and after your real ones start to grow in even just a little a bit, they look weird.

I do like the ones that are creatively painted though! Like little ghosts for Halloween and stuff

• For me they are a life saver.

I work in a cafe and deal with food - we are not allowed to wear nail varnish, jewellery, perfume, minimal make up (preferably none) no hair extensions, etc. My uniform is a shirt and lime green tie with a black skirt or trousers. We have to pull our hair back and if you have long hair and for men a beard, we have to wear hairnets.
    I'm a musician so I have to keep my nails short otherwise I can't play my instruments.

I get 5 weeks off a year (I have to take them as blocks) so I have 5 weeks a year that I can feel like a woman. During those weeks I always wear fake nails - it's a quick fix for me to not feel like a man. I use the press on manicure ones because they come with a layer of adhesive. Granted, it's crap. So I use nail glue as well. It means when I come to the end of the week, I can literally rip them off my nails and because there is a layer of adhesive from the press on between my real nail and fake nail, all I need to do is soak the glue off. I don't damage my nails at all. I shape them so they look less fake and boom - ready for date night and feeling feminine.

• Look like claws and so impractical.. just paint them!

• Yes, they are and that's now what I would waste my money on either. It takes away the whole ''wow how you grew them'' to realize it's fake.

Real, longer and well taken care of nails on the other hand are great.

• I find them extremely useful and they make me feel more confident. I have a nail biting problem, and while so many types of fake nails and applications damage nails, mine can only go up from here.
    Exhibit A: What they are currently like
    http://imgur.com/Viwyczf

Exhibit B: Fake nails
    http://imgur.com/jLOjN3U

Exhibit C: How much some of my nails have improved since beginning to wear them more often.
    http://imgur.com/XyRdqVq

Yes some of them are still terrible, but it's a stepping stone for me and it feels good doing something about it. I love being able to give my boyfriend head scratches, and I love feeling more feminine. It's so awesome being able to comfortably point to something, and change up colours to match what I'm wearing 😊

Fake nails at least show that somebody likes to take care of themselves and do things that make them feel good 👍🏼

• Exhibit C :

Apparently I've just learnt a new emoji shortcut haha

• I wouldn't necessarily say they're trashy girls wear/have a lot of fake things fake weave, push up bra, fake butt, etc. Nails are just nails I would say that it's the least of the trashy things. However I would say that it's a waist of time when you could just let your nails grow and get them done instead of spending a bunch of cash on fake ones.

• look I've never had them in my life, but that's mainly because i dont wanna damage my natural nails. i think they can look beautiful when done properly, the shape looks elegant and it isn't overdone.

• Same reason I never had them. If I get a French manicure some people think they are fake. My nails look damn good. But it just isn't professional to wear those claws everyday. Not even in court.

• yeah same! me too, not gonna lie lmao! i put a damn good effort into my nails.
      i personally know i couldn't do it. I wouldn't be able to maintain all of them and i've heard they can make it harder to do simple things like texting or tie laces.

• If done right, they look nice. I'd never wear them, but on others I can appreciate them.

• Back then I use to get my nails done , now I really like growing my own nails and just paint my own nails. 😊

• Not at all! I do my own nails, including building up the acrylics on the nails by scratch. So much cheaper. Plus most people think they are actually my real nails... I don't see how it's trashy?

• i've never liked them

• It's usually trashy people getting fake nails, though not all are trashy.

• Ever since I saw nightmare on elm street, I can't stand to look at a hand with those long nails in them.

• When they are too long and just way too big and inproportionate to the

• *When they are too long and inproportionate to the girl's hand, thats when it looks trashy

• Yeah, they are not really my style.

• Not a fan... I think they look trashy.

• Yes, that's why I've never liked them.

• I work in a nail salon and absolutely hate it when clients ask for the long and pointy nails! They look awful and take ages to do a set! But when done properly they can look very elegant. It gives women more confidence and can make they most ugliest of hands look pretty. Depending on the salon.. getting your nails done can be a very relaxing experience.

• It depends. Some fake nails can look trashy. Especially the long ones with all that extra stuff on it.

• it's not trashy but it is a waste of money

• If they're too long they look really bad, but if they're a 'natural' length they look fine.

• Some fake nails can look nice depending on the shape, the length, and the color

• I totally agree with you

• 0|1