Did you ever regret getting a tattoo?

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo. I've wanted the saying,"create who you are, till you're something to die for " on the back of my shoulder for as long as I can remember. I want to do it (i'm not worried about the pain), but I am a bit nervious about regretting it later in life. Some poeple I know have said to me never get a tattoo because you will regret it and they are cover in tattoos. Did you ever regret getting your tattoo?

Most Helpful Guy

• You will regret it. Why do you need crap written in you that you can't even read? You want to remember it? Get a poster. Tattoos are low class and look stupid as you age.

Most Helpful Girl

• I once heard a good piece of advice concerning tattoos...

When you have an idea for one you might want, wait at least two years before getting it. It seems like a long time to wait, but for something that will be with you for the rest of your life, that time is important. People change a LOT, especially when they're young. An idea you might like for a few months might change before two years have passed. If your feelings for an idea don't change or grow stronger after two years, then you are much more likely to be happy with your tattoo for the long haul.

What Guys Said 7

• Tattoos spoil a lady's skin. They look awful. Later in life they will look even worse as your skin and body changes, which it will do. If you have a SO, consult with him. If you are single, you will have made a deal breaker with quite a few guys. One of them might be just the right guy for you, but he won't be interested because of the tat.

• that is an awesome quote. Will you regret it? What have you regretted up until now?

I think people who regret tattoos have weak character. The good thing is tattoos last forever, that means you can wait 5 years and ask yourself if you still want to get it. You will still have 60 years of a tattoo on you. If you think it is important to get it now, then you need to really ask yourself if you want it because it seems trendy, though from your description, that doesn't seem to be the case.

• There is a guy who was a nazi in my gym. And he has a nazi tattoo. Now that he isn't a nazi anymore he hates his body cuz of the tattoo. He already saves up money to get rid of it.

• I sort of want my shoulder piece to be larger.

• yes i do. i have one on my forearm and it is tough to cover it up during the warm months of the year and especially when i go to a respectable place. so if you get a tat, be sure it is in a spot where you can cover it up when necessary like going to church and places like that.

• I got a scorpion and Scorpio on me. I'll always be a Scorpio and I like scorpions so I'm happy with my choice. Mine are small so not too distracting.

• Everyone who gets a tattoo ends up regretting it eventually.

What Girls Said 8

• i have 27 big tattoos both arms are covered, back and legs and i dont regret a single one! you can't live in fear of others telling you you will regret it if u dont get it lazered lol choose something that means something to you or you can never go wrong if you include flowers, butterflies, fairies that sort of thing x

• My very first one. It's my name. I don't regret the decision to get it and what I got. I regret not going with someone who possessed some type of expertise. Maybe I wouldn't have the crappy ass tattoo that I have today lol. Can't wait to get it covered.

• I never got one but I would not regret!

• The only tattoo I regret is my "eyes like s shutter, mind like a lens" one and that's only because I regret the shady place I went to get it done. Because now 5 years later it's super faded and bled too much into itself so it can be hard to read.

• I've had mine for nearly 3 years now, not even close to regretting it.

• I got one 3 weeks ago and still feeling good about it :p

• I have lots of tatto 😇

• That's the reason why I wouldn't easily get a tattoo in the first place. I'd be worried that I might regret my choice.