Why do guys cover themselves in tattoos these days?

Don't get me wrong tattoo art is beautiful and its a great way of expressing yourself...but, I think guys have gone overboard these days. They get one, than two three four five. One of my exes has 10, and to be perfectly honest up close the details of them look like SHIT! So what is this whole ink craziness about?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. The tats don't come off. I have three (one around each wrist and one on my left forearm.) If I had to do it over again, I probably wouldn't have tattoos. In my professional life, I have make sure my wrists are covered when a meet a big client. The tattoos can make a bad first impression.

Most girls approve of the tattoos, but now I only need the opinion of my fiancé. She's neutral on the tattoos now. I think she may actually them; but she would never tell me (it's a long story.)

What Guys Said 7

• Every square inch of my body has been tattooed with the exception of my nostril hairs. It just seemed to me the logical thing to do as I have very pale skin and I hate tanning salons.

• I was always interested in tattoos and piercings growing up. Didn't actually get any work done till 3 years ago. As of right now I have 4 tattoos and 1 WIP. Having tattoos has no affect on my personal or professional whatsoever. Out of the 5 pieces I have, only one is exposed while in a short sleeve shirt. I didn't get tattoos to be cool or anything. I got it for myself and myself only.

• A lot of guys think chicks find them attractive, some guys want to buy a sense of being tough, and other guys actually want to represent or wear something beautiful. I think today it is more unique to NOT have a tattoo.

• It's a fad...to be accepted. Seems like some sort of right of passage to me...which further validates the phrase, "Young and Stupid."

Girls have gone overboard, too...ever see those girls at the bar acting like hoochie mama's?

• why do women cover themselves with crayon these days?

• i don't have tatoos or body percings they are gross

• Body art is a form of expression, an inscription of cultural values, communication, and personal values

What Girls Said 2

• i don't think that many people have tattoos

besides, its a personal thing, I don't think its a trend or anything.

if you don't like men with tattoos then don't go out with them I guess :/

answer mine? link

• They think is cool.