How do I get over him?

How can I get over this guy I like. People say that you can't "love" that you don't know what's love when you are young but I feel like I "love""the guy we broke up one year ago and he is all I think of I tried to date another guy but I couldn't be with someone and be thinking about someone else. I know it sounds awkward but do you think I will ever forget about him how can I forget about him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I gave this advice to someone else and they rated it highly:

It is going to take time to stop thinking about him. I've been there. One movie line recently hit home for me: We can spend all our time thinking about what we've lost. And while we're doing that, more is going out the door. At some point you've got to apply a tourniquet.

I took that to mean that the time spent being sad is just more of your life lost. And it's so true. Remove reminders of him from home and work (your computer(s), voice mail, pics, texts and mementos). Avoid locations where you might see or think of him. Seek out new places and contacts. Occupy your mind with someone or something else. Create new memories. Don't give yourself time to dwell on what used to be.

What Guys Said 1

• Update your question using proper grammar and punctuation. I can't understand what you're talking about.

What Girls Said 1

• How young are you? When I was 16 I dated a guy for a year, then he dumped me because he just "didn't feel the same way about me anymore. " It took me about a year and a half to get over him, maybe even 2. He was my first love which is definitely the toughest. You need to try to keep meeting new people. Eventually you will find someone who will make you even happier. It sounds hard, but trust me you will get over him.