Outfits fitting tall, athletic, dark-skinned woman?

A lady friend of mine is considering going out on a date with her boyfriend, but she's having trouble deciding what to wear and for some reasons she thinks because I'm an artist, mine should be the opinion that she would count on. As flattered as I am, I don't think I have the experience with fashion to help her out. Therefore, I'm reaching out to the community.

The thing you should know first about her is that she's 25, really, really tall (volleyball tends to do that to you) - over 1.8m (5 foot 9), got these arms that could probably snap me in half. She got shoulder-length black hair, brown eyes, a bit angular face.

Normally I think she looks great in sportswear, and once I picked her a pair of jeans plus button shirt that turned out pretty well, but for her date, she wants something that not just looks good but also is feminine enough, since she doesn't know if the boyfriend dude would appreciate her "snap-me-in-half" appearance.

So, ladies and gentlemen, any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• As a tall person myself (177) I'm genuinely against this weird prejudice or shorter people us of how we shouldn't wear high heels or short dresses or just generally how we can't wear cute clothes because we are simply not cute because of our height. No, that's simply bs. No matter what height you are, you can wear all types of clothes as long as they fit to your body shape.
    If she's athletic and has muscular arms she should probably try to get something with a loose sleeve fit, if she's going for formal/elegant clothes.
    And I always think light colours like white or pastels look especially good on dark skinned women! I hope that helps.

What Girls Said 2

• Black form fitted turtleneck sweater, black leather leggings, ankle boots (not much of a heel since she is all already), and maybe a black peacoat, with a bright coloured scarf (maybe red?). Black is classy.

• Thanks for your detailed description. Could you share this question with your friends and others? It could potentially help both my friend and me in the long run.

• I'm not sure what else you would like? Pictures?

• not sure... i don't know! Jeans?

What Guys Said 2

• I am thinking dress pants, top and jacket - Why, I think pants hide tallness and jacket may hide any overt physicality plus look is still very feminine,
    bananarepublic.gap.com/.../br786319-00p01v01.jpg

• 5'9 is not over 1.8 m. Skirt or a dress is always a better choice when going for a feminine look.