How do you go two days without shampooing your hair?

how do people go two or three days without shampooing there hair? i want to be able to do this but my hair gets soo greasy! how do you wonderful people do this? and how long can you go for?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't! I take cold showers!

• dear god! ied shrivel up if i got a cold shock of water first thing in the morning :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone hair is different and some people can do it while others need to do it everyday - If you are worried about over shampooing your hair, get a gentle or a baby shampoo that won't be as harsh on your hair.

What Girls Said 5

• My hair gets greasy quickly too but I have heard that the more you touch your hair, the more it will "cleanse" itself by producing grease. So to try and prolong less grease avoid touching or messing with your hair

• thats going to be extremely hard for me :P i have never had this much hair and im constantly messing with it now haha

• I can go up to two weeks. I do not have oily hair or a greasy scalp. If I wash it too much I experience dryness

• About 2 days is my max. And I usually only do it on my days off so I can get away with it. It kind of gives my hair a break from all the shampooing and processing.

• im guessing we have the same type of hair, does yours get really greasy and heavy on the second day?

• It's not healthy to shampoo your hair every single day, have this in mind. by the way I'm not shampooing everyday because after I wash it I have 2 bad hair days in a row. I wash it once\twice a week. It's wonderful really :)

• but how do you do that? my hair gets soo greasy by the second day, it gets really flat and shiny :/

• I assume we have different kinds of hair😉 just wash it every 2-3 days trust me it's going to make your hair much more healthy. And if you still won't like it you can always keep washing it daily.

• ill try it :) i think i might use some dry shampoo to mitigate the greasiness

• We wear it in a ponytail.

What Guys Said 2

• i knew a guy who went 2 months without shampooing his hair. i usually wash my hair every 3rd or 4th day

• Different races can go longer but still wash their bodies, black women use shower caps to not mess it up because they don't want to do all the fuss and it dosent get as greasy for awhile. There is a trick I remember when I was in my teens that worked if I didn't have time to wash my hair, I put baby powder in it to absorb the oils and grease and brushed it out to get away with one more day of washing it

• wouldn't that make your hair all gross with clumps of baby powder all over the place?

• Don't know about that one, I only did the powder because I was in a rush or lazy, lol

• lol we all have those times :P