Is wearing unbuttoned jeans weird?

I think this would apply more for girls as my sister does this.

Her stomach fat makes her belly stick out post pregnancy, but the rest of her body is thin. Her jeans fit everywhere but her belly makes an odd fit. Very often she cannot button her jeans fully because of her big belly, sometimes she will put a belt over the button to hold her pants up but more often she cannot and being unbuttoned her pants keep sliding down. When unbuttoned the pants make a small bulge under her shirt. She constantly has to wear pants not buttoned fixing them.

Is this weird or do others do it? Any ideas how to fix this with her situation?

This is somewhat what it looks like comps.canstockphoto.com/...k-photo_csp14246542.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• It's kinda weird... How long ago did she have the baby? I had the exact same problem as her right after my baby because my hips widened so much. It usually goes down though. She should wear yoga pants or other non-button pants for a little bit until her stomach is normal again. Or maybe skirts?

• Almost a year! Her baby was 11 pounds and she is only 5'5" so she was HUGE and her stomach stretched out and held onto a lot of fat. She probably needs a tummy tuck. Because of how long she doesn't want to only wear yoga pants she doesn't like them and it's too cold for skirts.

• She has tried getting help they told her the same, just try to go a size up, but then it's baggy in her leg area and looks bad. So she is forced to get true fit and unbutton, sometimes a belt but depending on the belt that digs in her stomach, I told her try a skinny belt for that if it will hold up jeans?

• That sucks lol. It shouldn't be so hard to find pants. Do you know why she won't wear a skirt or stretchier material pants? Oh also it just came to me. There are these pants you can get that look just like jeans but they're stretchy and soft. Walgreens has them. Better than having an open fly :-O

Most Helpful Guy

• The way I view it is how permanent the situation is - Since it is post pregnancy weight there is a chance it may go and she will fit into jeans again but in the long term if you have to unbutton at waist all the time, the jeans don't fit and it is time to buy a new pair, go to the shop and try different brands/sizes till you get one that suits.

• She has, trouble is buy a size up and they are loose in the leg area and look baggy. Go a size down and it's too small. High rise jeans don't fit over her belly, so she only can wear low rise. It's embarrassing for her a year after giving birth to still wear maternity clothes and still look pregnant, so she only wears normal clothes even with the hassle they give.

• Thanks for MHG

• Your welcome

What Girls Said 7

• Some people just have a defined "gut" that sticks out and is not flat (in other words some people just don't have the body for an ultimate flat stomach). Could also be swollen, if she's allergic to something like diary (or has become allergic) then that could be factor, getting rid of that would tone it down. And also, diet. For me, drinking Coke for instance makes my stomach bloat really bad sometimes, even though I am a really skinny person. And also, filled stomach, you'll see a change in stomach size after she's gone to the toilet 😂😂
    But anyhow, some people just seem to grow fat in their stomach rather than their butt, or boobs or legs. Just how their body works.

• She had a flat stomach pre pregnancy, pregnancy caused this, she had an 11 pound baby and she is 5'5", her stomach stretched out more than women who have twins! It's been a year since she had the baby and her belly is still very big.

• Yeah, tbh it looks like you jumped out of bed and was like 'meh'. I just think the normal way wearing them, buttoned, looks much better.

• No not really... its funny but not out of this world weird.

• She should wear jeans targeted towards apple shaped women, or jeans with an elastic waist band similar to maternity jeans. I can't imagine what she is doing now is flattering whatsoever.

• She thinks if she wears maternity people will think she is pregnant she is embarrassed.

• I said like maternity jeans. There are non maternity jeans with elastic waist bands. even if she bought maternity jeans the only way people would even know the type of jeans she is wearing is if she buys them in person. Even then, people buy maternity clothes for others all the time. She could shop online. And who cares if people think she's pregnant anyways, she was pregnant before.

• Lol yeah, it's kind of weird... I wear buttoned jeans because if I didn't then they would slide down on me. And I'm not ready to be a nudist just yet, haha.

• They slide but she always wears a long shirt to cover it however it's a pain always pulling them up. Low rise jeans are all she can wear, high rise won't fit over her big belly.

• Her belly looks like late pregnancy still. If she goes a size up her leg area sags and it looks awful. I was with her shopping when she tried to get better fitting pants and nothing fit better.

• This may sound insensitive, but I don't really see an excuse. There are a lot of women who have the same problem, I'm sure, and they seem to manage.

• I would not wear unbuttoned pants in public or in front of people.

Maybe she can west a longer top or go for skirts.

• Yes, it's weird. Why doesn't she wear a different kind of pants, one that doesn't have any button? Or just tell her to buy bigger jeans.

• Bigger jeans are too loose in the butt and leg area and look awful.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, it looks messy. Messy in a bad way. I'd find more fitting clothes or Jean alternatives.