Can facial wash cause acne?

So I got a new facial wash, used it at night and in the morning woke up with three pimples on my cheeks, in a row.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think how they work is to clean any shit etc out of your skin so obviously thats going to cause spots, to sort your skin i'd say keep using the face wash until the pores are clean and the spots clear

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, that is definitely possible. I have such sensitive skin, it is so freaking annoying! I always have trouble finding a good face wash that will work for me, especially because usually they make me break out :/ But, I am using a face wash right now that seems to be working, it is by St. Ives Even and Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub. So far, it has not caused be to break out bad, and it really gets the job done well when cleaning my face :)

• Oh I'll definetly have to check that out. Thanks. Since I already bought that, I'll use it little by little lol.

• Cool! And remember, every body has different skin types, so what might work for me, may not work for you. But, I understand the pain, lol. Sometimes you just gotta keep trying different washes to find the right one for you :)

• Right. Thank you. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Quite possibly it could be an allergic reaction or the ingredients are too harsh for your skin - I would check with the pharmacist or an assistant in shop that sells facial washes are there any other more gentle washes available?

• Probably has to do more with the lotion you used

But some face washes can cause your skin to strip off, along side a protective layer. Try and get a facewash that is clinically proven to be

1. non comedogenic
    2. Ph balanced

If you get one with those two, you'll love the facewash

• This happened to me when I first used a new facial wash but after using it for a while, my skin was clearer than ever. I think it's just when you start.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes facial wash can cause acne. I've had it happen to me before when I used a face wash which I think reacted badly with my skin. I suffered from terrible acne for several months afterward just because of the face wash. Usually face washes with scents cause a bad reaction so I tend to avoid them. You might want to avoid this one and experiment with other kinds just to see what works best for you.

• maybe it contain some chemicals that are too harsh for your skin or its innapropriate for your skin type.. like if you have dry skin and use a face wash for oily skin its gonna make your skin irritated and breakout

• I am not sure... I mean it can cause it to over- react.

• Definitely can - especially if it was oily or a peeling...

• Yes it can. Don't freak out though. Its working. Some face washes bring the all the crap that's in your pores out. Which then causes acne. Keep using it. In a few days the acne will be gone and your pores will be clean.

• yeah kinda, it dries up your face and then when your skin tries to restore the oils and moister your skin lost by washing it with acne wash it breaks out again, its best to apply coconut or olive oil on your face first and leave it on for 5-10 mins so your skin can absorb it for moisture then dab off excess oil with a towel or paper and then use the acne wash after that way you dont lose lose too much moistr and your skin doesn't dry and creat new breakouts

• sorry for the bad grammar by the way, i type too fast

• It's fine, I understood ^^ thank you I'll be trying this today