Should I accentuate my eyes or my lips?

Hi there!

In a few weeks I have a school prom. I really want to look stunning for my guy; and I have a question:

I'm not sure if I should accentuate my eyes, or my lips. I don't want to do both, 'cause if I do I look like a hooker lol :P

I have big, blue eyes with naturally long eyelashes. I love them, but my lips are thin and short.

Should I try to focus so much attention on my eyes so that no one notices my tiny lips? Or should I try to go easy on my eyes and make something of my lips? and if so, how can I make my lips appear fuller?

Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• You can do both without looking like a "hooker." To look like a hooker you have to add multiple layers of makeup as well as using bright colors. The best thing to do would be to use a natural color for your eyeshadow like a brown or even a mild purple or pink. You want to stick to mild colors because bright colors usually look like you have way too much on. Curl your eyelashes as well as adding mascara. Makeup is meant to enhance natural features and if you feel like your eyes are one of your best features then play them up. Also a light eyeliner, don't apply it too heavy. As for your lips you can use lipgloss with collagen in it (I know makeup stores like Ulta and Sephora have them and I'm sure other stores that have a big selection of makeup carries them too). The collagen will make your lips tingle and sort of feel numb when you first apply it but it'll pump up your lips to make them more fuller. Add a base coat to your lips but don't overdue it with bright colors so try light pinks.

What Guys Said 1

• I would say simpler is better. I haven't seen your face (and I'm no style expert even if I had) but I would suggest doing a simple outline on your eyes so people know they're there (don't draw attention AWAY from your best features) and then accentuating your lips with lipstick and other makeup-y things.

You don't want to over do it; Once again, simple lines and accentuation will likely do more for your looks than the prostitute-esque, too-much-covering-too-little that sometimes happens.

Hopefully someone with more experience will also post.

What Girls Said 3

• I would say go for flawless skin with a nice light foundation that looks natural, then if you're fair use a nice pink rosy blush, or if you're medium or dark, a sweep of bronzer. Then accentuate your eyes for a bit of a sexier look, use some kohl and a volumising mascara seeing as your lashes are alreasy long. Seeing as you have blue eyes, try using a gold eye shadow to make them pop, but not look overdone. For your lips, why not try a volumising lipgloss? You can get one easily and cheaply at the drugstore. To not look overdone, just keep the shade of lipgloss nude. You can use as much or as little mascara and kohl as you want if you want a sexier look, use more, if not, use less. Good luck with prom honey :) xx

• i think you can play up your eyes and still do something with your lips. I don't know what your dress looks like, but you could do smoky eyes (if it goes with the feel of your dress) and wear a light colored lip gloss or you could use lip venom, which plumps up your lips. it kind of stings though

• play up your eyes as they are ur best feature

u can make ur lips look more attractive, try a lighter or nude color and do lip plumping gloss, but you want to emphasize ur eyes