Girls, Why do you girls wear make up?

Just trying figure out why, I mean I figure to make you look better, but why go through the trouble everyday?

I asked this question in school and got jump on by 4girls and while they were being helpful... I got a very confused

19

Most Helpful Girl

• Why to people paint?
    It's an artistic, relaxing and fun hobby.

• That what someone literally told me but didn't you mess up a lot when you were younger and learning and popped yourself in the eye with eyelinear or what not... why keep going

• Painters are being payed make up gives you nothing

• But it's a frigiing hobby and you can have drawbacks in any hobby, you continue because it's fun.

What Girls Said 18

• I look much prettier with make-up on. I have no misunderstandings about that. I can go out without make-up on but only if I'm not going to see anybody who's opinion I care about, for example when going to the shop or for take out.
    Remember that society is used to seeing women with make-up on, without we look odd because it's just not the ordinary. Just like men look odd with make-up on, because we're not used to seeing it.

• i look much prettier with make up on to. not only that, its a confidence booster for me

• we dont all wear it everyday u know.
    and some girls are willing to go through that everyday to look and feel their best, or to hide insecurities.

• It's really not much trouble. It takes me maybe 5 minutes to do everything. And it makes me feel more put together and pretty. I love highlighting my eyes one day and my cheekbones the next, it's fun to be creative and experiment. And it's also a good way to pull a look together, look more awake, and build self confidence. in my opinion.

• I put it on because the process is therapeutic, and I like how I look with it. I don't go through the trouble of putting it on every day. I only put it on when I have to look presentable (school/work/parties etc).

• I personally don't wear makeup but I know a friend of mine can't leave home without it because it's part of her image and she feels naked (and apparently unattractive) without it.

• I feel so confident. I was always told by my family how much better I looked. Also how I got positive attention. People wanted to talk to me.

It's not meant to change how you look but enhance the features you have. My saying is when you look good you feel good. I'm sure that's the same with guys

• It doesn't take me much time to do my make-up because "simple and sophisticated" is my preferred style. Yes, you have the right idea. I do wear make-up to feel better but most importantly to accentuate my best features... and well, of course cover some blemishes.

I hope that helps! :)

• to make our favorite features stand out :) or to hide blemishes.

• Because I love make up, I enjoy putting make up on, it's fun and it makes me feel more confident.

• Makes me feel good. I dont wear a lot just eyeliner, concealer, and mascara with a bit of powder

• It's so we don't look as potato-y as we really are. When I wear it I go from potato to kawaii potato.

• To make us feel better and cover up our imperfections

• I don't really like makeup.

• To make us feel better about ourselves.

• Because I like it

• So I don't look like a boy. Also I feel a lot better about my self when I doo

• I love art and painting... my face is a nice canvas for me to paint. I do not wear a lot of make-up, just some eye shadow, mascara and lipstick or gloss. It's still fun.

• I dont...
    ...