Why don't guys wear makeup?

Girls wear makeup, foundation, blush eye liner, eye shadow etc. why don't men wear make up on a daily basis?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally i think makeup is very deceitful if your using it to attract people, Its completely lying about who you are, Its almost advertising yourself as something better then you actually are. Its lying about what your possible future kids may look like... Its just shit...

Why dont i wear it?
    1) Literally 100% of people would laugh at me for looking like a woman.
    2) To be honest, I dont feel as though i need to? I have no spots or anything so... I have nothing to cover. Even if i did i could just grow out my stubble a bit. (I dont like beards :/).
    3) Hole purpose of makeup is to look better to attract people, And, i dont really ever plan on dating or anything so i dont give a fuck what people think haha. Im not going to go out of my way to please random fuckers xD

Most Helpful Girl

• Because if they did they would probably be made fun of. Makeup is generally seen as girly unless they're a popular rock star or something because then for them it's part of their "iconic" look. Otherwise most people would frown upon a guy wearing makeup.

• But where did makeup being feminine originate from? How did it become like that in society?

• It's a social norm from way back. Men were depicted as being masculine and strong and rough looking where women were supposed to be pretty. And makeup helps women look pretty. Men had no need for such things.

What Guys Said 32

• I can really appreciate a woman who does her make up to look good FOR ME like on a first date or special occasion or when she just really wants to look good for me. With that mindset I take good care of my face and I use BB cream. I saw someone mention concealer and foundation, so maybe I'll try that. But I prefer the woman I date without make-up. So I assume they'd want their first look at me to be without make-up too. But since it's also my body my face I'll do what I feel like to it. If I just want to look good today I will. Maybe it'll be because I just need some confidence. I'm not going to contour my face though to the extreme though.

• I don't know why we don't wear concealer or foundation. But other stuff makes us look more feminine and we wanna avoid that.

• I like how I look without make up, plus society it is not accept, as such ones that want to wear it don't in fear of being mocked... However when I had to put it on for Halloween I hated it, plus when I work out I don't need it getting into my eyes

• Some do - Isn't there guy liner? - In general I think most men wouldn't have the patience to use make up - The majority of men are shower and putting on good clothes maybe a few hair products to go out 40/45 minutes max.

• Because I'd look like a dyke. 😂
    I'm not a crossdresser either. No-one's forcing you to wear make-up. I like my girls with as little make-up as possible. I wanna see that natural beauty. And not an orange smog of foundation. 😷

• its because men have better skin. women are a genetic mosaic not all skin cells have the same active chromosomes so their skin ends up blotchy.

• I used to. Because i used to really want a sharp jawline like this
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_Epa-2U0AAQe_-.jpg
    so i would contour my jawline to look like that.

• Because we tend to enjoy getting dirty and working out. We don't need it.

• Because we don't want to?

That would be way too much work for me to do every morning. I also don't like the feeling of stuff on my face.

• Why would they? What you see is what you get, zits, wrinkles, moles, whatever. Unlike girls, who you have to surprise in the shower to get a true look at...

• I don't need to hide behind make up. I am quite comfortable showing my natural face off to the general public.

• I don't think I need it. Nothing can fix me xD

• i asked the same thing.

• Cause do you think it would help me getting the kind of girl I like if I make myself look even better? No, it would only bring me more shallow girls + I don't like hiding my real self (I've already did that and it was part of why things didn't work out with girls in the past).
    Even if it's just about the outer appearance it won't fit into my mindset

• It's a double standard. The few times I have to put it on it's a pain and I don't think anyone should have to put up with it daily.

• Because guys know it actually doesn't make them look more attractive.

• Aside from royalty, men have traditionally only worn makeup in battle, which to be honest I prefer the look of war paint to traditional makeup. XD

• because we don't have the patience to do that every day :P plus im sure i would stab myself in the eye if i tried eye liner haha

• That would make us queer. Also women look good without makeupalso

• because i feel comfortable with the way i look

• it looks ridiculous when men have make-up on lol

• @Suhmer it would look weird when a dudev wears mascara and lipstick :) but hiding pimples and duch would not be noticed

• we don't need it, especially when you have genetics like mine

• I don't want to look like a clown
    👿

• It is considered feminine. What would be the reaction of people seeing a guy with fancy eyelashes on the street?

• Cuz it's a lot of work!

• No one need's to wear makeup, and nor should anyone.

• Some of them *do*...

• We don't need to hide our scars... it's natural, we're okay with it.

• Gerard way wore make up when he was in MCR!!

• Because we do not need paint our faces to look good.

• It is dishonest.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 9

• gender attributes. the idea is that "makeup is for females" so that's become so dominant that a man who drifts from that is seen as a weirdo.

however, there r some men who wear makeup and are very confident with it. if ur interested, look up mannymua and patrickstarrr. both boys apply makeup than ill ever be able to lmao.

• Guys do wear make-up but you have to be a celebrity. I seen a lot of emo guys wear make-up. If you want I can let you use some. I also know that in history. Men use to wear make up and wigs.

• bc they are supposed to look "rugged and manly" not soft and feminine.

• Thank god they don't, they would look ugly and feminine...

• if a man wears make up he'll get shit on by society for it cause instead of minding their own damn business, society feels the need to put people down who do what they want if it is something they disagree with

• it could be because they might think makeup is more for girls but Iv seen pictures of scene boys on Pinterest who wear black makeup and it would scare me a little bit because they wore a lot of black makeup

• some guys do, my friend does

• Because they are beautiful and don't need it.

I hope they don't start wearing it.

It sounds girly too.

• Because they dont need it and honestly neither do women...