I really don't find too many girls unattractive, is this weird?

Someone said I was a little weird the other day because I said that I don't really find too many girls to be unattractive. I tend to think a lot of girls around me look nice. The only time when I would say someone isn't too attractive is if they don't brush their teeth or something hygienic.

I'm not saying "I'll pick up any girl" but I wouldn't say "Eww no" and pass up talking to someone because she isn't a "8/10" or something. I also don't use that whole "out of 10" rating system, it feels so judgmental

I actually used to find more girls not so attractive in my eyes when I was a bit younger, in high school. Yet now I'm 21 and I find a lot more people attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• From reading the answers you have already, I'm going to come off really shallow!

Anyways, My boyfriend thinks many girls are attractive and as much as I think that it's great because I know if I have a slightly off day, or whatever - he won't be judging me as harshly as some guys may. But occasionally he'll leave a comment on a girls Facebook, which doesn't bother me, he's allowed to tell his friends there hot. But when I see he commented on a unattractive, large girl. Then he calls me sexy, It makes it feel like it's worth so much less. It's kind of like how when too much money is printed, the value drops.

• Well maybe that just means he'd love you no matter what you looked like. As long as you don't change who you are, he's not going to matter what you are.

What Girls Said 12

• that's a really good thing, that means when you choose someone to date it will most likely be because you like her personality.

• Awww...My boyfriend thinks the same way. I'm a beautiful person, not model skinny, I have curves, but he tells me everyday how much he adores me, and how beautiful I am, on the inside and out. He believes people should be known more for their personality and not their looks, primarily. I wish more guys were like you and him...The world would be a better place!

Too many people are shallow nowadays, and expects everyone to be this, that or the other. When in fact, most people are shallow because more than likely, they have their own hang-ups and put down others to make themselves feel better about who they are. (my thoughts and opinions)

• Maybe they just think its weird because you aren't picky. Which is a good thing. That tells me you are open to anyone and any experience. Girls do hate to be rated like that, and most of us feel self-cautous enough that we don't look like models. Sounds like your a good guy

• No, you're not weird. And thanks for giving us average looking girls some hope. :)

• It's not particularly weird, just means that you might have low standards... It's not really a bad thing, you'll probably find happiness easier than some other guys.

• I wouldn't call it "low standards"--that would mean he's settling for girls he finds unattractive. He's saying he finds a lot of girls attractive. Just my two cents.

• That is good that you aren't so judgemental. It gives a lot more girls hope now.

• Its all personal preference

• Great for you and for the girls you date. Some not 10/10 are worth knowing and by not being too picky you're making your life a lot easier.

• I thinks it isn't weird. Plus, it's better than finding most of the girls unattractive.

• It's not weird.

I'm the same way, except that I'm a girl and I find the majority of guys attractive, even the ones that wouldn't classically be considered so. Of course, there are always gonna be some that are more attractive than others...

• That's a great thing. A lot of guys who consider you weird probably won't have deep meaningful relationships if the most important thing to them is getting a girl above an 8. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway. It's more important to be happy with your partner than just have arm candy to impress your friends. I'm kind of like you too, I don't find too many guys to be unattractive, most people are cute or average looking but it's rare for me to think someone is outright ugly.

• Yeah that's what exactly how I am. There are some I find to be really attractive to me, but then there are others who I think look good in general.

• You're not weird at all! I'm the exact same - I don't find too many guys unattractive either and I feel the exact same as you. Good for you, you're definitley an awesome guy.

What Guys Said 10

• I wish more guys were like you and less like that person who told you that you were weird. You're not weird. You appreciate a range of beauty and things in people that are attractive. There's nothing at all wrong with that and tell anyone who tries to judge you to open up their eyes and see the attractiveness in everyone. It sounds like you're coming up against guys' sexist ratings systems and ways of being. I have known many girls who would want to know someone like you. They have been so hurt by guys telling them "You're not attractive enough for me!" or "You need to look more like girls in pornography." Guys' sexism and disrespect of girls by guys is alive and kicking. Unfortunately.

Suggest to them that they read this:

"Everyday Male Chauvinism", written by three guys. The link is here: link

• It's so refreshing to know that guys like you and the OP exist. :)

• Man that's just mean. Even if I felt someone was unattractive I'd never say it, especially not to their face

• It's laughable to consider the amount of sexism against women anywhere near as severe as the amount of sexism against men in western culture.

• Good for you. It sounds more like a positive thing than anything. You'll give more girls a fair shake, and you'll likely end up with a kick ass girlfriend instead of a pretty idiot.

• its all perpective dude. Last night my friend and I were talking to these two girls in the club, they left to go get drinks. While they were at the bar, my friend looks at me and goes "Thanks for giving me the cuter one." and I was like "dude what are you talking about girl2 (im not using names lol) is much more attractive". Neither of us agreed ith the other point of view but I guess it worked out.

• i find a lot of girls attractive. my general rule of thumb is to be not fat, and she will probably have to be white. I don't know why that is, I just usually only find white girls attractive. other than that all I see are the good parts about a person plus if you get to know them I find ther personality greatly changes how your percive someone.

• Yes I am totally the same way and looks matter elss and lessat you amture and put mroe emphasis on personality. As for me, it seems like the looks are dependent ,I mean I might look at a girl and think like "hmmm she looks good" but if I get in a conversation and get to know her more she can become the most beautiful girl in the world, and there seriously aren't very many girls at all that I would find say are "unattractive".

• i don't think its weird, it means your not shallow. I used to be but a few years later and now I'm not.

she pretty much has to be hideous for me to say she is ugly, that's about it

• I'm like the opposite.

• I wish I was like that...hahaha

• I feel the same way as well. It's certainly not weird. I really don't mind how they look like. I think personality matters to me. Not every girl can look like a pornstar, and people should just learn to appreciate that beauty exists everywhere. I have to say that many girls that I meet are quite attractive to me, it doesn't matter how 'hot' or 'beautiful' they are. (unless if they're really hideous, but atrocious-looking people are quite uncommon)

I don't care if she's a 10/10 in looks anyway.

• That's very normal, however you should always go for the ones that are good looking enough that they look like marriage material.

Once you get use to date those type of girls, you are not in risk of falling in love with a not so attractive girl that you thought at first was going to be just temporary.