Is buying a $20 Fedora hate for men a waste of money?

I'm just wondering. People often assume that men who wear fedoras are douchebags based on what I often hear. They also say that any Fedora hat that cost less than $100 or isn't made out of beaver fur, is not a true or real fedora hate. I just bought a $20 Fedora at the mall recently because I decided to buy more classier and nicer clothes for the winter.

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends
*hat*

Most Helpful Girl

• They look good on exactly no one. Take it back.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a trilby, Frank Sinatra wore a trilby, Indiana Jones wore a fedora.

41.media.tumblr.com/.../...7szuUafE1rzf8fv_500.jpg

Hipsters almost never wear actual fedoras.

• I noticed that hipsters don't wear real fedoras. I am not a hipster nor do I ever want to be one. I do however, want to look for either a slightly more original fashion of clothing or at least a modified version of the old school fashion for the winter season.

• Yeah. Mine's not really a trilby judging by looking at my fedora right now and comparing it to your pictures right now.

• Hipsters don't wear either of those, that's just the new "buzzword" people throw around for modern things they don't like, it used to be a reference to a specific music subculture.

Anyways, fedoras/trilbys are for neckbeards.

What Girls Said 6

• Ignoring the fact that fedoras look pretty awful on everyone nowadays, it is a lot of money to pay for a hat. You can do much more worthwhile things with $20 rather than buying something that you are likely not going to wear all the time.

• Yes it is 20 dollars for a hat? REALLY? just one hat! You could do some much with 20 even fill up your gas would be better.

• 0|0
  • They look so good! Said no one.
    Unless your Frank Sinatra, a member of the Mafia or a golfer dad no Fedoras please. They are not fedorable.

• It's only a waste of money if you know it will be in the closest more then on the top of your head.

• Pedophile hat.

Fedophile.

Pedora.

• Unless your a classy gangsta from the 20s

What Guys Said 12

• When it comes to clothes - If the wearer is happy and comfortable then that is all that counts - If you think it looks good, go for it.

• If you like it, then be happy. It's only $20. Don't agonize over small decisions either before or after. Give big decisions due consideration, but have no regrets. You'll make yourself miserable. It's possible that you will love this hat forever. It's possible that at some point you will laugh and say "What was I thinking?" That's life.

• I got a straw one for like 5 bucks in Italy, if you're prepared to wear one you clearly don't give a fuck about any kind of standards like whether it looks good or how much it cost. hahaha

• Here's a good rule of thumb: Unless you're Frank Sinatra, don't buy a fedora.

• I never claimed to be Frank SInatra (one of my most favorite musicians of all time) but I do however, like the fashion of the fedora that fits with a suit for big events.

• My point is that you shouldn't do it. You will almost certainly not be able to pull it off, especially since you're so young. There is a reason why people who wear fedoras are ridiculed, just go without a hat.

• if you like it then whatever. i think hats in general are a waste of money unless you work outside.

• I wore on to my wedding. But then again I kind of went all out with the pin strip suit and matching shoes.

• Do yourself a favor and burn the hat.

• hahahahhaha

fag

• Nobody's going to know how much you paid for the hat, or what it's made of.

• i1108.photobucket.com/.../fedoralove.jpg

if you look like this... well yeah buy one and profit mate.

• It literally makes you look like a gay nerd