Why do most guys not bother with taking care of themselves? for example skincare fashion wise etc?

i mean even unattractive guys have a charm to them when they dress well and such

Most Helpful Guy

• hmmm a combination of many reason, they may be different from guy to guy. Some consider it more manly to not bother. Or just don't care what other people think.

But another reason is, worrying about one's looks all the time can really hurt your confidence right? as guys were are not under as much pressure as girls, however we still free insecure, however unlike girls were the aim is generally speaking to look pretty, for guys looking good also means still looking masculine or cool. this is hard to do, the fear of coming across to other guys looking like a wimp is always apparent, or just looking like your are up yourself.

Another issue is, we wouldn't mind cleaning up a bit sometimes (like for a date), I mean some actors look awesome, however we don't really know how... Unlike girls, dabbling in the arts of make up, isn't natural for us socially.

thus most guys, opt for the "casual" look, were we can play off any insult to our looks with an I don't really care. thus maintaining our dignity and pride.

Most Helpful Girl

• More and more are. Others would do more if they didn't feel bizarre pressure that "real men" are unkempt.

My last boyfriend used some kind of male marketed moisturizer. He said it also helped his face not itch, along with preventing wrinkles because he didn't want to look old from working outside all the time.

What Guys Said 29

• ugly guys are just tired of it all... We're the rebellious underperforming middle children of the human society... We're tired of having to jump through hoops in order to fit in. We don't try to look good, because we accept our ugliness... we wear it like armour so that it may never be used against us. This continues long enough for it to eclipse our entire identity and our tattered clothes and unkempt appearance is comforting in it's familiarity. We sometimes forget who we are in real life, and grow a fragile self esteem... Some of us even pride ourselves for our individuality

• Because I dont really have any big skin problems, so skincare really isn't an issue. Most girls won't expect a guy to have like really soft skin, and Im not sure if they would even like that. And again, fashion is not something I really care about, I think I wear nice clothes and I look good in them and thats really enough for me.

• I'm always clean & presentable & decently dressed , I do not slavishly follow fashion , I have other priorities. There are lots of women that look like a sack of shit tied in the middle too , my ex wife was a lazy slob that bathed / showered 3 times a week at the most , so this is not gender specific.

• I spend money on food and games rather than clothing, personally. Clothes cost too much for how much they are worth for me in terms of functionality. And my skin is just fine, I don't need makeup to look pretty (and most girls don't either).

• I try to dress nice, you don't have to spend much money I bought like 4 pairs of dark jeans at old Navy during a Christmas sale and I buy most of my nice shirts at a thrift store for a couple bucks. I'll be the first to admit that I need to buy new shirts for the sake of diversity but I can't until my roommate cleans his junk out from my side of the closet.

• Fashion and skin care aren't generally marketed towards us.

• Lazy and don't get it or they just aren't the best looking so they just rather put in money and energy into other things.

Some of these guys hate on guys like me who work out and dress clean.

• Because I don't really care about my skin but fashion wise, I do care :D. I think some people just aren't into looking for girls? Maybe? I don't know

• I'm too cheap to buy nice fashion but I do take care of my skin and I exercise.

• I think it's in comparison because I take care if myself but not to the same level as a lot of girls. I dress scruffy and mess up my hair because I like that look on me I wear jeans, black tshirts with skulls on them and hoodies and people think I don't care but that's just how I like to look.
    I also think a lot of girls are prone to looking after them to much I hate a shit tone of makeup on women and loads of perfume. (No offence is intended)

• I definitely take care of myself, I love fashion and it is important, as well as cleanliness, I make sure I am super clean and approachable and smell nice ^^. Most guys I know are like that lot, I spend a decent amount of money on clothes haha

• Umm...90% of the guys I know take very good care of themselves. Maybe it's just in your area.

• i wear gym shorts and long sleeve baseball shirts if im not at work.

• Honestly, I'm just not very self-conscious about myself; It doesn't mean I'm a total snob, but I prefer to just get work done and do something useful with my life, rather than sit around looking pretty.

• doesn't matter to me much. I get haircuts and a shave my beard but I have terrible sense of fashion.

sweats and t's everyday yo

• I love dressing well and taking care of myself. When I look good, I feel good.

• Because guys who are not metrosexual don't care about that shit.

• Maybe i could change fashion, but skincare? durrrrrr... i do what i feel comfortable, easy.

• I always take care of myself, i do my hair, keep fit, dress nicely and it doesn't get me anywhere with girls lol and I've been doing it for years.

• who needs clothes when you have a face and bod like mine

• No money no honey

• Skincare, what is skincare?

• Because to be honest... we just can't be fucked to do the work haha

• Because they're not pussies

• No we don't! I'm ugly as dog shit and I have nothing.

• Because girls could not care less. These oddly dressed still get into girls' pants at will.

• Not every guy can afford suits every day, I certainly can't, I'm jobless

• Ok I take a shower like everyday, infact I am always paranoid that I smell or present myself as a slob. As for fashion I would be completely fine if we went back to where most guys wore suits and dress hats; like the 60's. My wardrobe consists of a few blue jeans mostly tan dress pants and button up shirts.

• I let my girlfriend come shopping with me once, shy tried to dress me up like a homosexual so it's different tastes in self presentation, what you think looks good differs to what guys actually want to wear. Moisturizer, antiperspirant and a bit of hair putty or something is cool, more than that and you're a primpy butt nugget.

What Girls Said 3

• I guess some guys don't care. They are guys just like girls that are okay or lack the money to buy or have the certain energy to take care of himself.

• Erm, maybe its where you live? I strongly disagree with this haha.

• I am okay with it as long as they don't protest when others try to help out.

Like my little brother. He won't let me put sunscreen on his face!