How long will it take and what should I do to get my hair the way I want it?

This question is directed towards girls because they usually know more about this sort of thing, but if you are a guy with advice to offer, feel free to answer.

This is what my hair looks like currently:

How long will it take and what should i do to get my hair the way i want it?

It may look slightly different at other times, because i didn't do it (as you can see I'm just chillin at home rn). But i think the pic is ok so you can see the relative length. Excuse the poor quality.

So here are my questions:

1. About how long do you think it would take to get to shoulder length?
2. About how long do you think it would take to get to mid-back length? (If i decide to grow it that long).
3. How do i keep my hair from looking dry, broken, and grungy like most guys with long hair--and instead keep it looking smooth and shiny?
4. Are there any ways to speed up my hair growth?
5. Any extra tips on hair maintenance?

Most Helpful Girl

• It will take six months to a year to get to shoulder length and a couple of years to get to mid back length. Use conditioner with keratin and Argan oil afterwards. I don't know any ways to speed up hair growth. In regard to hair maintenance, just don't use a flat iron or blow dryer a lot because the heat damages your hair. I hope this helps :)

• Should i be using the keratin conditioner and argan oil during the hair growth, after, or both? Also, please note that i don't use shampoo because it dries out my hair--especially since my hair is naturally pretty dry. I also use coconut oil from time to time in order to replenish my hair's oils.

Would it be fine if i used a blow dryer if i keep the setting on cool? I don't like scrubbing my head with a towel because It makes my hair too fluffy and frizzy and im also afraid it'll damage it.

• Thanks a lot! Very helpful :)

• No problem! 😊

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• How long it would take to grow depends on the person, really. Certain people's hair grows faster than others, but typically hair grows at about a quarter of an inch per month, I think.
    To keep it from looking dry, broken and grungy, you will need to condition it, trim the ends when they start to look bad, and keep it washed and combed out nicely. There are also products that can help you achieve a smoother and shinier look.
    I've heard that massaging your scalp promotes hair growth, although I have not tested this theory out. I've also heard that certain shampoos will help.
    My hair has been mid-back before, and is currently just past my shoulder blades when pulled out straight (it has some curl to it), and the things that have always helped me were:
    1. Use a wide toothed comb to detangle it and refrain from ripping out any knots to avoid damaging it.
    2. Wash it every other day instead of daily (but this depends on how oily your skin is and how fast your hair gets dirty).
    3. Thoroughly condition it after every wash.
    4. If you must use heat, always use heat protectant.
    5. If you plan on wearing ponytails, don't wrap them too tight, as this can damage your hair.
    6. Do not trim it too frequently, but enough to keep the ends from breaking.
    7. For me, a good leave-in conditioner really helps with keeping my hair healthier.
    Good luck! :)

• Take biotin pills.,,

What Guys Said 1

• Ewwwww souless ginger.➕➕➕➕➕

• I'm not a ginger. I'm blonde. German decent if you must know

• I guess ur a dummy instead.
      Are you nazi toooooooooo