Guys, Do you think that androgynous girls (e. g. erika linder, ruby rose) are hot?

I'm considering getting a shorter haircut ans wearing more boyish clothes.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• I tried an quick google images and not really... Don't get me wrong short haired girls are hot (not that short) and tom boys can be hot as well.

What Guys Said 14

• I am working backwards through questions and said I preferred Erika with longer hair - When the whole Ruby Rose phenomenon started with season 3 of OITNB, I thought she was gorgeous so as an experiment I googled Ruby Rose with long hair and I find I prefer Ruby with the androgynous look so I have to say depends on the girl.

• They kind of remind me of a young leonardo dicaprio a little. I'm not attracted to men.

ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/.../...ed-4559-1438696473-1.jpg

• Humans use hairstyles and clothes to send messages. Because there is no traditional clothing or hairstyle in Western society that is specifically designed to signal that you are a gay woman or a gay man, gay people have come to use the "opposite" sexes clothes to signal that they, although still males or females, have adopted the sexual preference of the "opposite" sex.

If you wish to signal that you are gay, then wearing more boyish clothing is a good way to signal that fact, and to decrease the likelihood that random men will approach you. Otherwise, you are just making a confusing statement.

Good luck!

• No! Like Ruby Rose is an attractive woman and kind of can pull off that look. Most, like almost all, woman can't pull off that look. That being said Ruby Rose would look way more attractive if she wasn't so androgynous. Erika Linder looks like a man. If you are trying to attract guys that isn't a good look since you look like a guy and guys like girls. In all honestly whenever I see girls like that my first thought is they are gay, and straight guys don't give gay girls attention like that. If you want that look to attract men it's a horrible idea since it will do the exact opposite.

• I just want that look because I like it. But I'm scared that nobody will want me then. But isn't behavior and attitude more importand in attracting guys than the way you look?

• Well if you like the look; than do what makes you happy. I don't believe that behavior and attitude are more important in attracting guys, it's about on par with your looks. I mean behavior and attitude will make a guy like you once he knows you, but up to that point it is based on looks. I mean I never heard a guy say "I'm going to go talk to that girl because she seems to have a great attitude" they have however because they think she looks hot. And from what it seems all the guys on here are saying none of them think that looks hot. Plus as I said before, I find for myself, androgynous women based on first impressions always come off as gay to me. And I'm pretty sure most straight guys don't approach gay women since they pretty much know nothing will come from it. That's my opinion on it though. Either way whatever you choose best of luck.

• that ruby rose girl is disgusting

• just looked up the linder one she's even more disgusting

• Androgynous means it's hard to tell what sex they are, and is generally unattractive.

Well to me anyways.

• Ruby Rose? she has a horrible haircut. It is essentially a bowl cut. Not attractive to me at all. As for clothes, that depends on the style of the clothing.

• Noooooooope.

• Absolutely not.

• No, I don't think so. Femininity is attractive.

• Yeah but they never look androgynous to me. They just look like girls dressed like boys.

• I've never heard of them.

• Hell to the no!

• Absolutely not.

• I just looked up linder, she's straight up manly.