Why some people think if a girl wears a skirt she is a slut?

I see it happenning often around me. Like, for example a girl wears a skirt, she can't walk in the street without getting bad looks from girls and guys catcalling her, even calling her a slut. I know guys who automatically say "that girl's a slut" if she's wearing a skirt/dress. Some girls think the girl is easy, that she's just looking for a guy to have sex with. That's pretty annoying, I live in Western Europe and we still get insulted for wearing a skirt.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's short and you're showing off a lot of upper leg or a bit of butt cheek then it's sexually suggestive, why would you do that if you weren't after attention, girls who wear really short skirts are slutty and there's no getting away from it. But if it's normal length then people just need to get over it.

• That's normal length when that happens around me my friends and all. Why people insult them in your opinion?

• You're probably a bunch of hot chicks they don't have any chance with, resentment is a beautiful thing. ahah

Most Helpful Girl

• its all about what kind of skirt she's wearing and how she carries herself. and what she's wearing with the skirt...
    some people are just closed minded and think stupid things like that. but it also has a lot to do with everything else that goes along with the skirt.

What Guys Said 13

• I am quite surprised to hear that - I would have thought it wouldn't be a issue unless the skirt extremely short.

• Cause the FUCKIN 21st century sucks.

• If it's just a skirt, that's all cool, nice sense of fashion going on there. :)

But if it's well, a belt, I think it's silly not to expect some looks from people.

• Do you mean like a really short skirt or something? Otherwise that doesn't make sense.

I love girls in skirts and dresses, don't see enough of them around.

• This is what society as come to.

• I've never seen anything like that. I'm not sure we're on the same planet.

• May I ask where you live in Western Europe? It does not sound like the Western Europe I know...

• I used to think that but then I turned 15.

• SLUTS.
    DON'T.
    EXIST.

• Because the callers are full of shit and likely jealous.

• Media portrayal of them

• That's plain stupid guys catcalling ARE JUST FUCKING IDIOTS !!!

I like skirts why not? I wouldn't catcalling her...

• You sure it's not about the length?

• nope, that's not like you see her butt through it or anything

What Girls Said 6

• Same here... I wore a mini skirts had a lot of guys giving me attention! HAHAH! I just ignore ! Hahah next time just act like you own it!

• That's a really stupid assumption from a skirt. I would understand if the skirt was hardly covering her butt though, but otherwise it's really dumb.

• I too understand when it's very revealing, but most of the time I see it happening, it just looks cute, nothing overly provocative, no cleavage

• Sounds like those people just are not mature then. Girls should be able to wear what they want as long as it's not too revealing.

• Not all girls who wear skirts are branded as sluts. Some say it depends on the hemline. encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images

• They don't in America

• because people are stupid
    ignore everyone and do what you want to do.

The sluttiest girls I've known were the ones most covered up. mind you I know a few slutty girls who dress slutty too, but most of the GOOD girls I know are the ones who dress sexiest but are judged the most. And the ones who cover up were the super slutty ones.. weird huh?

• They do? I live somewhere in Eastern Europe and I've never heard people saying such things.

• I guess it's different in Eastern Europe then