Are guys aware that most of the time "No-make up" or "Natural make-up" is actually a ton of products?

Basically it's a ton of face products, from concealer, to foundation, powder, primer, blush, bronzer, highlighter etc... Basically it's the products that make the biggest difference. Most of the guys I know notice make up only when you put on lipstick or some drastic eyeliner/ mascara... I've seen guys comment on pictures "Natural Beauty" when the girl is obviously not natural...

PS I still think that makeup doesn't COMPLETLY change the way a woman looks unless she does some hardcore countouring or something.
Are guys aware that most of the time

Most Helpful Guy

• For some guys this might be the case but many guys also see the difference. I can say about myself that I am very much into natural beauty and I DO see the difference. Wanna know why I see it? Because my girlfriend doesn't put on any makeup when she goes out to Uni or shopping or visit my parents or anything like that. And by "no makeup" I don't mean "just a little bit", I mean NO makeup. It's not like I don't notice it, I know it because we live together and we share the bathroom together and she's actually ready to leave the house before me in 95% of times. Also, from living together with her and regularly looking into the mirror cabinet, I'd say I'm pretty well informed about what makeup products she owns. As far as I know, she doesn't even own so many. For example she doesn't own a lipstick and she also doesn't own any rouge or eyelid shading. If she puts on makeup for a special occasion (which happens 1-2 times a year), she usually just puts on some eyeliner. It's practical for both of us because putting on makeup is a huge waste of time and even more so a waste of money (at least where I live; one eyeliner costs around 20-25 USD in Switzerland) and I don't like girls with makeup anyway. I'm aware that the no-makeup-look involves seeing a few wrinkles or pimples but I'm fine with that. I still find it prettier. Plus, I'm lucky that my girlfriend is east Asian and has a very pure skin and looks much younger than she actually is (she's 26 but people usually estimate her to be 19 or 20).

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think they can.
    I performed a little experiment in regards to it. I don't think it has much value though.
    A couple of months ago, I was hanging out with my male friends and I asked them if I was wearing make up or not.
    Out of my 7 male friends, just 1 could tell I was wearing subtle make up.
    He even pinpointed the areas to my surprise!
    The others had no clue and they thought I wasn't wearing any.

• Did you ever think that 7 of your friends just lied about not noticing your make up because they thought that's what you wanted to hear. That you're naturally beautiful

• @sincerepimp I never asked them if I was beautiful or not. I never even implied it. I don't ask my friends stupid stuff in order to boost my pitiful existence. They had no reason to lie since they tell me I look like crap occasionally in order to tease me. Of course I repay their "compliments" too.

What Guys Said 39

• Well yeah obviously I can see the mascara on all of them.

Except for the second girl. I don't see the makeup on her, but I don't notice foundation and concealer. First time hearing of "primer". Well, apart from this movie timeline chart thing.

unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/.../primer-chart.jpg

People just say "yeah lipstick and mascara and eyeliner aren't even makeup" but who are they trying to fool o-o

• I prefer women who know how to use make-up. It shows me that she is skillful enough to use make-up to bring out her desired look. I find it extremely fascinating when she can bring out different looks and feel. One day she would be like a girl-next-door type and on the next date, she would be this femme fatale.

• Not always but usually. Personally I like girls who wear makeup, but I think it's best in moderation like in the examples you provided.

• Yeah I think most guys are probably getting mixed up in terminology - I think what most guys mean is a look that seems natural or no make up at all - If that means light and subtle make up so be it - A lot of guys prefer this look.

• It depends. You can clearly tell those women have makeup on. Sometimes girls do it so lightly that you can't notice.
    It depends on the product, and on the girl too. Sometime you can tell, others you can't.

• The last two aren't what I'd call "no makeup makeup".
    And it shouldn't be a tone of products. Just the very basic of it all used in the perfect amount.
    But the little I know about girls, maybe the "very basic" is indeed a tone of products, but it shouldn't.

• Hello.
    What i feel about all this make up debates and ideology is that...

I want to see the imperfections of my wife... all day, any time...
    I want to admire them...
    I want to laugh of them...
    I want to make her angry...

And then mouth kiss her deeply... and say "im sorry, i was joking because you make me happy"...

... while hugging the woman that i love" ... and we cry together, while perfect "clean" drops rolls from our eyes and face... transparent as our feelings... as our love.

Wtf did i just wrote...

• I saw one girl wearing natural makeup and all these guys were like "natural beauty"
    BITCH IS YOU BLIND?

• Yeah I've known that for a long time lol... when guys say they want the natural look it doesn't mean we're against makeup, we just don't like when it's so much that we don't recognize the girl anymore.

• I prefer natural beauty, therefore, I like girls who use no makeup, or just a little bit of face powder, and concealer, maybe primer, that's enough.

• I won't pretend to know exactly what a woman looks like without makeup before I've spent significant time with her, but I will say that I resist makeup on principle and that the sting of presumed rejection strikes me as a rather high price to pay for the petty thrill of telling a man that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

• To be honest i had no clue about make-up :( But my wife is slowly teaching me the in's and out's. I had no idea it was a ton of face products

• I personally prefer to look at girls who wear lots of makeup, they are just hotter that way.

It's like... would you rather have your McDonald's french fries with the perfect amount of salt and ketchup, or would you rather have one of those times when your fries didn't catch any salt and they forgot to give you ketchup, huh?

• Not in this house.

• Most of the guys can't make out the difference. The only exception is when they see a bright lipstick and a mascara.

• Yes, we're not that clueless.

• I have no problem with someone who has some pimples or even scars or something. I'd rather have that than a ton of make up.

• Well you're 15. Make up on teenage girls is a waste of money because most of them have good skin and no dark circles or anything.

• Those girls are pretty obviously made up and probably photoshopped to boot.

But yes, I know I can't really tell when someone isn't wearing makeup :)

• Yes its obvious I actually do want a girl with no make up or at least very little at the most a little blush is okay

• Nope, I don't care though. She can wear makeup as she pleases, as long as there's some nice smokey eye that is. :D

• I am aware! :D

• Natural beauty is of course no make up but if its just a little and nothing too pronounced thats fine too. If it doesn't really show then she has done a great job and choose the right products for that natural look.

• if someone says no makup then that means for me literally no makeup. natural makeup on the other side is something completely different. on the pics you posted the makeup is quite obvious :)

• WOW 😳
    You're sooooo intelligent 😊
    LOL 😁
    Natural Beauty to me is :
    Killer eyes
    Cute nose
    Luscious lips
    idc about makeup cause if a girl have these features then she's gorgeous ❤
    Am I right or am I right? 😂

• Natural = no makeup at all. Girls waking up out of bed with messy hair and little acne dots or weird pajamas can still look cute you don't need perfect clothing or makeup to do that.

• I like women who do both, I don't understand what's the big deal

• I honestly like the no make up look.

• Well if they were not aware they would still think they were aware not wouldn't they?

• I bet if we tested this, guys would almost always prefer with makup, but not full on glam.

• So you know a lot about make up? Ahan😂

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 19

• Hahaha yes !

This guy I dated, when he met me, I was wearing primer, foundation, powder, contour, highlighter, eyeliner, eyelash primer, mascara and lipstick.

He told me he liked how I wasn't wearing make-up the first time I met him.
    Lmaoooo. Guys are delusional

• and this other time he said to me "I wonder what you'd look like if you wore a ton of make-up..." and I was thinking.. I do wear a ton of make-up lol

• Oh nice... those are really good examples of the natural look makeup. I don't think guys all know it, some maybe. I know when my sister and I were in high school... we didn't even realize so many girls wore makeup. We just thought so many girls were so perfect looking lol. I think guys just mean they're attracted most to girls going for more natural looks versus caking it on... though lipstick is always hot lol. After a girl attracts them and some connection is formed between them, I think guys are then more likely to be okay with less or no makeup. To attract you always gotta put your best foot forward, especially when you're gonna be compared to everyone else.

I know I get significantly a lot more noticed with some makeup... not even complicated makeup (I don't know how to do that) but a reasonable amount. Even though I know this, I still rarely wear any lol. I have pitted acne scars from 15 years of acne though so I think primers and foundation do help me look better although I dearly do wish my skin was naturally clear. I work way too hard to still have sub-normal skin.

• Unless guys work with makeup they rarely know when a person is or isn't wearing any.
    https://youtu.be/fyeTJVU4wVo

• generally yeah, but I'm sure u can achieve natural makeup without a ton of products. for example, i can use a bit of foundation, eyeliner and lipstick and it'll do just fine, rather than piling on a bunch of stuff.

just depends on which version of it guys r looking at. but yeah the pics u show are as u described.

• God I cannot stand that last girls face! She's the vs model in transformers 3 right? Ugh!!

But yeah, natural make up is regular amounts of make up lol

• I don't wear makeup at all, never have and never will. I think it's a complete waste of time and money and it's also a little disgusting in my eyes. "Enhancing" features are just the result of insecurity.

• I've even had people here on gag thinking I wasn't wearing makeup in my profile pic. Then you really are clueless huh.

• What makes me laugh -"I hate girls with makeup" "I like girls who are beautiful without makeup". Well good thing we were all born with perfect skin, full lips and long natural eyelashes...

It's also ok if you dress nice to look more appealing, if you use moisturizers, exfoliates and face masks, just as long as you look good all natural lol

I do think women over do it with make up a lot, I think in moderation it's fine though.

• I don't know how you do your makeup, but that can't be further from the truth for me and all girls I know that love to look natural... o. O

• no they are wearing make-up it like of course.

• I use only concealer, foundation, and face powder... that's basically just simple cosmetics, not real make up.

• Um, except, no makeup for me is legitimately no makeup.

• Yep I have makeup products that I put on that are so light I get told by people that know me that they noticed all my blemishes are gone and men even think I'm not wearing makeup

• i think a lot of guys around here can tell

• Does it really matter lol :)

• I think most of them don't.

• "Natural" Makeup applied well could easily fool the untrained eye, especially if its very minimal like the first two women.

However, not all women who have a natural look apply tons of face products. I don't, at least I don't consider it to be tons of products lol I don't do blush or bronzer usually. Sometimes. My daily is "bb water", mascara, and lightly filling in the ends of my brows and brushing them in place. Sometimes I add my top liner/cat eye, or lip color, but a lot of times I don't do either and just wear clear lip balm.

And sometimes my natural is mostly or all natural - no makeup at all, or no foundation, but still my mascara/brow grooming.

• I don't wear make-up at all, and you can kinda tell where the make-up is, if you look closely, but I don't have a problem with it though.

• *Shh guys doesn't know this, they think all girls look like that whitout makeup, that's why they want us all to go natural ;)