Would you let your teenage daughter dress like this?

Hypothetically speaking, you have a daughter, she's under 18, would you let her wear this shorts?

What about your son, would you let him go out shirtless or with something like this (where his bulge is clearly noticeable)?

• I wouldn't let my daughter, but I would let my son
  • I wouldn't let my son, but I would let my daughter
  • I wouldn't let any of them go out like that
  • I would let both go out like that

Most Helpful Girl

• the thought of my daughter dressing like that makes me sick honestly.
    I can't stand even taking her places because hoodrats.

Most Helpful Guy

• Short answer: No.

First, I question "Where did they get those clothes. Did they buy them with my money?" If they did, I wouldn't be happy. That'd be a big no no. They aren't going to buy that stuff on my dime because I frankly don't approve of it.

Second, they are going to get a big talk on sexualization, the world we live in, and that you can still be very attractive to whoever without dressing like that. In fact, many would find them more attractive if they'd dress less sexually.

Third, I'd say to them that while they live in my house and eat my food and whatnot, they aren't going to dress like that. It is the trade off of living here. I don't stay insanely strict, but I have some clear cut lines in the sand so to speak. That'd be crossing them.

However, if they bought those clothes with their own money that they worked for, I would tell them something like, "When you are out of this house and over 18, ask yourself if you really feel the need to wear those. Do you need to flaunt your body like that? Truth be told, I can't stop you once you are out of this house. You will be an adult and you will have the rest of your life to shape primarily by yourself. So, if you feel the need to wear those, save them until that time and then decide. As for right now though, you live with me, and I cannot let this pass. As a parent, it is my job to look out for you and even if you don't like my decision, I have to make it."

What Girls Said 43

• Those girls are so damn fine 😍😍😍

I would be a hypocrite if I wouldn't let them go out like that since I've been in restaurants wearing bikinis, so...

As long as they wear condoms and/or take pills, my kids can do what they please. I'll just let them know I'll spank their asses with the power of thousand suns if they screw up.

• Taking precautions doesn't mean you are 100% safe from pregnancy and std's. And there are other things to consider why dressing like this isn't a good idea. People who will misjudge you and disrespect you in various ways. The fact that you feel the need to get people to notice you through your clothes, or wearing revealing clothes to distract people from seeing the real you

• @CapricornSwagL you're welcome 😁😁

Thanks haha we all need luck now

• All these pervert men smh.

• We would have to have some serious talks about objectification and sexualization. Neither child would be allowed to go out like that or take pictures like that.

• As a mom, I have my daughter do the bend over test on questionable shorts or skirts. I want her to learn to be dressed in a way that promotes respect for herself and lets people take her seriously.

When she gets old enough, we can discuss dressing "sexy respectable..." which still wouldn't include those shorts :P!

• Absolutely not, either of them. My kids will present themselves with modesty and class.

As someone who saw, first-hand, her brother receive more leniency when it came to the opposite sex.. I would never impose those double standards on my children.

• I know how you feel with that, my dad wouldn't let me have a boyfriend or go on a date but he thinks its AWESOME how my brother can get nudes and fuck with a ton of girls

• Not "no", but "hell no". Not happening. Thankfully, I have children with good heads on their shoulders. I can guarantee you that both of my teens would look at what these kids are wearing with a "wtf" facial expression, shake their heads and would have some kind of response about how they wouldn't be caught dead wearing something like that. I raise my children to respect themselves and to never be a certain way for the sake of having others like you. You can try to be somebody else, but nobody else can be you.

• Did you ever fear they would have ended up dressing like that, or were you always confident they wouldn't?

• The thought crossed my mind when they were younger, but i never really feared that they would.

• I would explain to them why this isn't a good look. First of all, it is shameful to be displaying your private parts in public, and it leads on other people disrespecting and misjudging you. The girls in the first picture need a bigger size shorts, and shouln't pull them up so much, they also need some opaque tights underneath those shorts. In the second picture, this isn't attire for going out, it's clearly underwear. As for going shirtless, it's weird, unless you're working out and it's too hot outside

• id only let them wear stuff like that to the beach
    If here confident enough to wear it then whatever. But that wouldn't be allowed in any school, and for good reason. And if I see people dressed in that it's something to make fun of lol

I would let the girls know that creepy old men will be all over them and strangers will try to feel you up and kidnap you, and I'd tell the boys... Basically the same thing lol that perverts will try and kidnap you

• What kind of guy goes out wearing something like that?😂😂 but no, called me old fashioned but I wouldn't

• Fuck no. Shorts, fine. But denim panties? Because that's basically what those are. Hell no.

• over my dead body! 😂

• I would let both go out like that! Short short yes but the ones that show your check! Thats a no go! I don't need SEE your private! Ale where do u come up with these question!

• That's my question, those kind of shorts that show half your ass.
      I don't know, they just come up if I see something walking around or online...

• lol... yeah I would never buy those... lol!

• That's a big "no" to both for me. If they want to wear those things after they leave my house, then it's their choice. While they're living under my roof, though, there would be no way that would happen.

• I have two daughters and if they dressed like that I would think I failed as a mother. No self respect on these women whatsoever when they dress like that. It makes me sick.

• That's what they will get I they dress that way
    cdn2.thegloss.com/.../ZaidiThrowsShoe.gif
    The flying slipper.

• No way no way no way!!! My goodness!!! That's just asking for problems...

• No, I would not let them. AND I'd wonder what I did wrong as a parent that resulted in them wanting to go out like that in the first place.

• Well fucking no that shit isn't even sexy they would just get laughed at and bullied for being a tryhard skank

• if I'm the mother.. my children would know what to wear and not to wear.. and that's totally a not to wear

• This is why I pray I never have kids, especially daughters. Hell no. Over my dead body would I let a child of mine wear denim panties or sag their pants.

• Hell no, just... NO smh especially not under 18. wearing regular shorts are fine, those in the picture are too short; for the son, he better put pants on before leaving the house in that lol

• I would never let my future children go out looking like sluts/man whores. So no. Id be embarrassed to have kids who dress like that.

• He'll no! What parent actually would?

• You'd be surprised xD When I was in HS back in Spain I saw 14 y/o girls wearing those kind of pants... disgusting >.<

• Oh well in that case it's a bit different. It's in a different country and they ave different cultures. It's extremely hot down there and typically they take pride in their body though I wouldn't wear them or be allowed to wear them myself.

It's kind of like how we wear daisy dukes or bikinis and Middle Eastern countries keep every inch of their women covered I'm sure unless they're here living in America/Americanized they're thinking the same thing about us.

• Hell no! Those clothes are waaaaayyyy too revealing!

• The hot pants are slutty and I wouldn't let my son wear them either. The shorts/swimming trunks are acceptable for boy or girl.

• If I have a daughter and a son when I get older I'm not going to let them go out like that, that's too inappropriate

• Parents need to understand that your children can't always get their way when it comes to clothing. I have seen girls younger than me wearing these and I'm just shocked that their parents would let them out of the house like that. Girls and guys under the age of 18 will just need to realize that showing off everything isn't the best thing. Some parents need to teach their children how to dress appropriately for the age without showing too much skin.

• If my daugther even thought she could get past the door like that... she'd be locked in a closet for 5 years... or until she learns to respect herself.

and my son? Nah. Shorts, but no speedos.

• No. They're not leaving the house looking inappropriate.

• i voted C! no i won't let them

• Damnnn man what a view👀👀
    Only at the beach😅 I don t want anyone of them to get sexually assaulted.

• More from Girls
    13

What Guys Said 27

• I wouldn't be happy to let my teen son/daughter wear them as everyday clothes but on the beach (okay).

• If she's still living at home, no. Once she moves out, it's out of my control. It's hard to blame a young girl, even my precious daughter, for flaunting it. Those girls' shorts are amazing.

• To use the colloquial terminology, "Hell fucking no!"
    I would not let them reduce themselves down to that. Their is nothing wrong with sex, their is something wrong with trying to get sexual attention when underage, older to to be honest. I would want my children to aspire to something greater then a sexual object. I would want them to be a full person, yes sex will be apart of that but its only one of many parts and I would hope that I would have taught them better then that.

• Hell no! To both! I would raise my kids better than that and felt like I failed as a parent if they started dressing like that.

• I wouldn't because as a man I know what kind of guys this could attract, it wouldn't be good for my daughter to have teenage guys eager only for sex looking at her ass... That's why I should tell her exactly what they will think, maybe it would change her mind.

• nope... and even if she was over 18 she better not let me see her in those shorts

• Those are nice buns...

Yeah I would let both my son and daughter dress like that, though I wouldn't like it and it would make me uncomfortable... I wouldn't stop them from wearing the clothes they like.

• HELL. FUCKING. NO.

• I don't think I'd have to tell them that these "clothings" are unreasonable. The decisions people make are the result of the integral of their past experiences. You'd think they'd have learned something about this stuff by now.

• That's not much of a bulge if we have to zoom in the pic that much to see anything lmao 😂

• It's their body. Their freedom. Let them enjoy showing more skin if they want

• But they're your kids, and they're still not adults.

• So you'd be alright with your daughter wearing something like that knowing there are pedophiles everywhere?
      good job

• it's nice to have a personal style, but this it just too revealing and it screams for attention

• I have no idea what kind of clothes people will be wearing by the time I have teenage kids. Long time to go.

• True... I worry about that too, I hope clothes don't keep getting smaller and smaller xD

• Haha! I guess people will soon start roaming around without clothes. You can't questions them. They will be like "It's mah body. Mah Life. Mah rules" :P

• is that remy lacrouix? i went to university with her. she wanted to be a doctor lol. that didn't happen

• Jesus Christ!

No way! Even tho those outfits r sexy, I would not let my son/daughter go out into the world wearing THAT

• No and no. Not a snowball's chance in hell.

• The girl's pic: Yikes! I'd have second thoughts about allowing those for my girl until her mid 20s! 😳
    The guy's pic: I thought he was wearing some kind of weird and uncomfortable looking underwear or something at first. haha

• Nope neither gender

• If they're not in the right environment or occasion for it then I would find it very inappropriate.

• Not if they are below 18

• No have some self respect

• Hell no, I would send them both back inside to put some cloths on

• No way! (filler)

• I would just tell them to use protection.

• I will teach my daughter to not dress so sleezy, certainly while under 18

• no.. because am from india

• Bathing suits are worse if you think about it. So this isn't really that bad lol

• Come here. Let daddy lick that bum