How this beard trend started?

It seems like nowdays it’s considered uncommon for a guy to shave…. i see more and more guys embrace da bearded look…. wot da fuk man…. I’ve seen male celebs dat i couldn’t even imagine acceptin facial hair….

Sometimes I feel like an alien dat I shave daily…sth it was a normal thnag before 10s kicked in…

I just don’t understand wot’s da root behind all it…. y most guys decided suddenly to throw away their shavin products? And how most gals started to find beards attractive, since like a decade ago beards were still considered “gross”….

It’s a burden indeed and a boring daily routine…but do most guys went so lazy dat they r even bored to do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if it's a trend but I have noticed it somewhat.

• it's a HUGE trend from america to australia... and western world generally...

Most Helpful Guy

• Hahaha. Very valid question. I have noticed that over last year or so. End the beards are not even the groomed ones. Some have these big long pieces of art :) My wife hates it if I don't shave for even ONE day.

• y downvotes?

• Thank you for MHO. :)

Of course the anonymous moronic downvoters never care to give a reason.

What Girls Said 1

• It's no shave November. Plus, beards are in now

• it doesn't happen only in November... but they r "in" indeed... dat's y i asked HOW beard trend started?

• i dont even know. but peace and love to you and yours

What Guys Said 11

• I've worn a beard almost continuously since I left the Navy. Before I joined, I could not grow a full beard. While i was I in I was not permitted to have a beard. Since becoming a civilian again, I've never * shaved it off.

I did shave it off twice. Once in the mid 90s so I could take a 2nd job at Domino's Pizza. The other time was when my kids were playing with my beard trimmer. Unbeknownst to me, they left it on the lowest setting. I did not find out until I munched a portion of my beard out when I was grooming it. The only way to save it was to shave it off. Thankfully, I only wear my beard length at about one week's growth.

Also... grammar, spelling, slang overuse and word usage... 😵 your post was painful to read.

• Trends/fashions seem to go in cycles and I think in the last year or so beards are in - I was in Madrid this summer very trendy and every second guy under 30 seemed to have a beard.

• indeed... surprisingly enough younger guys tend to have beards mostly... it's more common to see a clean-shaven guy in his 40s than a guy in his 20s...

• Hey beards take a lot of upkeep to you know, I wouldn't say it's about being lazy I still shave my neck, just above the beard, trim around the edges and use beard oil.

• I think it started simply because guys figured they became too androgyne and unmasculine that they started to try instinctively to counter-act it.

• clean-shaven is androgyne?

• Clean-shaven not per se, but just look around how a lot of guys walk around these days. All about being fashionable like indoor scarfs instead of being actual men who don't care about fashion.

• indeed... after all beard's a trend now... even male models have beards nowdays...

• welcome to my world

• Drake an famous American rapper who is Canadian lol idrk but trends are lame shows lack of originality in my opinion

• So beards are bad but illegible questions aren't?

• Beards ftw bro, that's why it's there.

• Harden? Nba

• I've been growing beards since 2007, so I am not a bandwagon jumper. I love my beard, it adds character.

• trends come back, it was once more common to have a beard than not