Is symmetry in the face more important than the features?

I think it is

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• People are more attracted to those with a more symmetrical face in general, so yes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Symmetry is universally attractive, the features are much more subjective.

What Girls Said 6

• I say no - I like a bigger nose that's asymmetrical on a guy way more than a small symmetrical nose. -for example

• I don't think so, I doubt most people have perfectly symmetrical faces. That's not really something I pay attention to anyway.

• I have seen some people with good features but not very good symmetry. I guess beauty is really in the eyes of the beholder.

• i think symmetry AND feature are both important

• I don't think so... most people don't have totally symmetrical faces but still look ok

• shape matters?

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, and eyebrows and jawline

• I think i read somewhere that facial symmetry is a sign of genetic superiority or good genes in general. Humans are innately attracted to others that will breed the best offspring possible. Thats the only reason people would find it important

• It is hard to say honestly because as far as I have heard the symmetry is subconscious perception and facial features is a conscious level perception so I don't think I could say correctly because one is an instinctive reaction.

• def.

seen plenty of pretty eyes way too far apart.

seen way too many nice legs but upper body is too short

• Don't get me started on symmetry..

• symmetry reflects health and strong genes where as facial features are more ethnically related

• i have a scar one side
    :(((((( am uglE

• No there was a girl I used to work with who was born with an asymmetrical face and she told me when she was a baby she had to wear some special helmet to squeeze it into shape as she grew. She was really fucking hot man! ahaa