Ever Dye Your Hair Pink?

i really want to dye my hair a pastel pink.
i have dark brown hair. you can see in my profile picture.
i have never dyed my hair before and was wondering what steps to take.
does mixing dye with conditioner really help to maintain color?
any brand sugestions would be great too :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I did on accident! XD

I was trying for red but it didn't work. Ended up having to bleach it back before the next day of school so i didn't get beaten to death by fragile minded meatheads lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• you should bleach your hair first if you want pink to stand out. mixing it with conditioner makes your hair real soft, but it will wash away sooner.. especially pink.. pink fades really quickly
    you should try manic panic or arctic fox :)

What Guys Said 2

• In the near future

• neverever but sometime Dark brown ;-)

What Girls Said 8

• I've dyed it white, blue, red and purple :) Naturally I have like a dirty blonde colour. I've never mixed it with conditioner but my colour has never really faded. I always use a dye called Crazy Colour. They also do a pastel pink that I've bought but haven't used yet :)

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_2

• You have to strip all the brown out of your hair to achieve a light colour! Do you have a beauty supply store? I would recommend going there (:

• My hair has been every colour in the rainbow. If you want pastel pink, you'll have to pre lighten your hair, so bleaching it will be the only way for the pastel to stick. If you mix with conditioner, you do that to make the colour lighter. So if you bought bright pink, you would make it lighter with conditioner. To make colour not fade as quickly, you wash your hair once a week with cold water and use dry shampoo between washes as needed. Colouring your hair takes a lot of work but it is worth it if you're into it. Good dyes for bright colours would be Manic Panic, Crazy Colours and Directions Colour Riche.

• Nope I haven't but I have worn neon pink streaks... more like clip ins and I have been thinking about what it would be like to wear them in braids. Trust me when I tell you this but when it comes to dying your hair, always seek professional help ie A hairdresser. You dont want to make an absolute mess or worst.. damage your hair

• No but that looks hot.

• Ya I had my hair hot pink. It looked really good until it washes out and was orange colored 😖. But you will defiantly have to bleach it. I bleached my hair 4 or 5 times I think.

Don't buy ion hair dye (it's what I used and it sucks)
    Also don't buy manic panic, it fades so quickly,
    Try splat maybe

• I once had a pink feather extension, but that's as wild as I ever got.

• you should bleach your hair first, then dye it pink, then use color safe conditioners