Which minimal makeup products would you recommend to someone who has never worn any?

If you met a person who had never worn makeup to any degree, which products would you recommend to them and why, if they asked for your assistance?

I have recently been contemplating trying a little... and therefore I must ask: What packs a good punch, but is also minimal and looks very natural (preferably one won't be able to tell that it is makeup)?

Most Helpful Girl

• Try some BB creams! Mascara is amazing for your lashes and a slight lip tint or balm would be good. If you want to turn it up a notch add some bronzer/blush in there! Now it depends on your price range but if you have a sephora thats the main store I go to.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I use this CC cream from Tony-Moly but just mascara and some eyeliner. If you're new to makeup and want to experiment, the E. L. F. line at Target is very very good. The products are fairly cheap but aren't total crap like other cheap makeup products.

• Thank you for the tips! I will take a look at the ELF products when I can. Do you think a clear mascara and/or brown liner would give a softer look? Oh, I just looked at before and after pictures of the Tony-Moly CC cream, and it is exquisite... might you know where it is sold in-stores? I browsed a few websites, and it only shows as available on Ebay and Amazon for me.

• Haha no prob. I actually just go to the Tony-Moly store (in NY) but you might wanna try the Tony Moly online store. Other brands you can check out is The Face Shop and Nature Republic and Innis Free. They all have online stores.
      As for the eyeliner thing, I'd imagine so. Maybe brown liner for the waterline and what I do is eyeliner but like right inside the lash line, not on the eyelid like most people. Clear mascara or if your lashes are brown maybe a slightly darker brown mascara to make your eyes pop? I think black would still be okay, just curl your lashes up.

• You could use a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer as a substitute for foundation. For mascara, I use ELF's clear mascara and brow gel from Target. I gives me a natural look without overdoing it. It's only $1 so it's very easy on the pockets.

• Just mascara or eye liner.

I am not familiar with that many brands though.

• A lipgloss close to your lip color to start off and some mascara.
    Mascara: cover girl has a clear natural mascara if you want to start off with something simple and not to bold.

• Hey I'm a makeup artist and I think for a more natural look you could use a Tinted moisturiser which hydrates the face and adds a little colour. Then go over it with a little powder from something like bare minerals. Also any mascara, and a powder/gel brow kit would be good for natural but filled in eyebrows :) you can add some bronzer and blush if u want, I reccoment bare minerals for that too although it's expensive x good luck