I'm 17 and have been thinking about getting 3 stars going big to small behind my ear. I was wondering if anyone has gotten a tattoo there before and if it hurts. also what are some things to look out for?

Thanks everyone... so I'm thinking of changing the spot but I don't know where? any suggestions?
I think I'm going to get some flowers on my hip. just wondering if the hip hurts?

Most Helpful Girl

• that sounds pretty I was gonna get something like that on my neck but decided not to because it would be visible since I have my hair up alot

so I got a big rose on my shoulder/back and its really pretty and I can hide it haha

it diddnt hurt me at all I personally think eyebrow waxes hurt more than getting tattoos done but that was me it all depends on where you get it done and how big/small of a pain tolerance you have

everyone always says tattos will be wrinkly when you get old...well so what a tattoo shows I was brave enough and lived my life and wasn't a scared little twat and its gonna be saggy in certain places but behind the ear the skin doesn't get saggy there lol I think the best places for a tattoo are hips, ankles, feet, behind the ear and top back but that's my opinion

and make sure when your picking a place to get it done check out their reviews on google to make sure theyre a good clean safe place

personally I got a tattoo for my 17th birthday and I LOVE it and I think its the best thing I ever did

hope what I said helps and good luck with your tattoo

What Guys Said 5

• I don't have anything against tattoos. I myself have 5. However, seeing that you're only 17 and probably still in high school I recommend not getting a tattoo behind your ear. I highly suggest getting it where it will be easily hidden. Even though tattoos and piercings are more socially accepted, its still looked down upon in the work force. You don't want to screw yourself out of a job because of an exposed tattoo. Don't get a tattoo from a scratcher just to save a few dollars. Remember cheap tattoos aren't good and good tattoos aren't cheap. Find a reputable shop and have a talk with a artist. If you can, bring in references.

• behind the ear does hurt, but if your gonna get stars I say get them spiral down ur mid section, I think that's hot...just an opinion don't hate.

• huge turn off here

• All tattoos hurt. However everyone pain tolerance is different.

• get the three stars on your hip or pelvis...it's sexy

What Girls Said 8

• the skin behind the ear is very thin so they'll be tattooing very close to the bone...the closer to the bone, the more it hurts. that's why feet and rib cage tattoos hurt so much. I have a little tattoo on my rib cage, it hurt like a mofo.

• I don;t have any tattoos in that area but I do have them on my chest,arm and full back piece. The only thing I would say is think hard about it, you don't want a tattoo to get in the way of a job oppertunity and behind your ear or your neck is pretty visible unless you always have your hair down. I think its such a cute idea but just think about it :)

xoxox

• Agree, that's why I don't want any visable tattoos for this such reason id hate to lose a job opportunity because of a tattoo

• well think about the tattoo in general. do you really want to have stars behind your ear when your 90? or anywhere in general! and stars especially. they are the sign of the "slut" sorry, but a lot of people find stars slutty, not saying they are a bad idea to get. I'm just warning you. and your only 17, so who knows if you are going to change your mind. a tattoo is meant to be permanent, so watch what you do

• that tattoo is very played out everywhere you turn you see it in that place and maybe you should reconsider the location of it stick to the same design just a different spot trust me I'm 18and I have 2 tattoos in places that I can conceal (ribs and back of my neck) yeah it is frowned apon so take that in to consideration because it can effect future jobs

get ready for pain :)

Dee

• You mean like Chris Brown?

link

• Oh that's really cool. I go with what ivarei said. It'll hurt like crazy because it's so close to the bone. But it's a really nice tattoo! =]

• Don't get a tattoo! Because when you are an old lady and your all wrinkly, so will your tattoo! Eww! that's what you look out for ;P

Of course, I've never gotten a tattoo but I've watched shows about it. It will proboally hurt. Cause' the people usually have a cloth to wipe the blood off your skin. Just a heads up.

• that sounds like a really painful pelace

• Tattoo is really bad.