I want to dye my hair blue ombre, but there's a big chance my mom isn't going to let me. Please help?

ok, so i'm 13 and I almost have enough money to dye my hair. please no comments about how its going to wreck my hair or that im too young please. I have been wanting to dye my hair a blue/turquoise/purple ombre color for a while now, and my mom said before she was never going to let me dye my hair a crazy color. Im going to offer to pay for it (i would do it at a salon) but how can i convince her? What can I do/say so that she may consider letting me dye my hair? I've only had a few highlights before but they were a natural caramel color.

the pics below are what i was thinking (i have medium length hair that is usually curly)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• I love ombres... but more of the natural colors (brunette and blonde shades)

• To be honest... I would not let my daughter do this. It looks tacky to me. I could see some highlights or on small tuff of hair but to be honest... I have cousins who are strippers and cam girls and they wear their hair like this!

• so if you're daughter was 13, and the only thing she wanted on her 14th bday was to get her hair dyed like this because she wanted to express herself through her hair and had been wanting it for months (didnt nag about it, occasionally brought it up) then would you still not let her? by the way she would offer to pay the whole amount

• Depends on her attitude, grades and maturity. To be honest I would be very disappointed she couldn't be an original confident woman with out a bad hair style...

• Really offensive dude. You should think about that not all people want to look the same. Some people like to express themselves through their hair so you can take your old ass opinion and shove it up your ass.

What Girls Said 8

• I would put a blue streak or two in my hair or maybe a few blue highlights at the end!
    Tbh dyeing your hair can really damage it, I don't know, it seems like a big step. Its a fad and you usually get over things like this. Remember when you were 5 and you really wanted like a Barbie for example? Did you want one when you were 11? Nope! I'd give it some time before i'd dye the whole thing blue :P

• What's your mother's concern? Is she worried it will wreck your hair? Is she just strict and she doesn't think you're old enough to have such an attention grabbing hair style?
    Why not just dye it blonde, and then get those colored semi permanent dyes? If you like it, go for the full quid.
    I would suggest to just keep nagging her. Honestly. That's the only way I ever worked around y mother when I wanted to do something. Nag about it and mope around depressed until you get it hahaha But then, this is what I do with my boyfriend, too.

• haha i have never gotten something by nagging her constantly. usually if i stop asking about it, and then bring it up and act more like an adult instead of childish, she might consider it.

• Tell her you want to do it before you're an adult and aren't able to because of work

• You might want to consider buying a wig. Or chalking your hair to get an ombre. Chalking is waaay cheaper and it won't last, which your mom will like. Try it out for a week/weekend/whatever and see how your mom feels. As my mom says, hair is an accessory, so accessorize. Besides, I wouldn't really worry about damaging your hair (if you use a good stylist and have proper hair care).

• i dont want to wear a wig cuz then i would feel too fake if that makes sense.
      i have tried hair chalk and its ok i guess. i do have a blue wig i used for Halloween tho

• Omg I hope she lets you get it done. It would look so awesome!!!
    My mum was the same way. But I finally convicted her into letting me bleach my hair, since then I had white/platinum hair for like 6 months, hot pink hair. And now I have brown & red.

• Just ask her, if she says no. Just ask her why & just keep on asking her until you get it.
      I don't recommend going behind her back & dying it, cuz then you will be in trouble
      So just ask

• haha lol yes maybe :D
      i could go on about how i want three more piercings in each ear and maybe my stomach pierced and tattoos.. haha lol thanks 4 commenting

• YAAS GURLLLL. I would love to dye my whole hair but imma start with like a blue and lilac ombre fading in to my real haircolor

• Try using those extensions they sell at the dollar store or something before dying your hair to see what it would look like. Show your mom and hopefully she'll like it enough to let you actually dye your hair

• i did get some bue extension, but i have curly hair and the extensions wouldn't curl but i did use them and they looked okay

• You probably won't convince her to let you do that if she's firm on her decision. It's probably best to just wait a few years.