I feel that I am not beautiful because of the way I look?

I am a mix of being Arab and Greek. I get a lot of compliments that I am beautiful, but why do I feel like I am not because I am not white/blonde hair with blue eyes? I feel so ugly sometimes and I don't know why. I dyed my hair blonde because I felt like I didn't look good but everyone says I'm being crazy.

I'm not trying to get people to compliment me by saying this because I truly feel sometimes that I am not good looking.

Do other people feel like this? I don't get why I feel this way. Is it because the American culture projects this idea that the true beauty is blonde hair with blue eyes? Ever since I dyed my hair blonde I've been wanting blue contacts even though I don't wear glasses. Do you think I'm feeling this insecure because of what society thinks is beautiful?

Most Helpful Guy

• As Solomon said, "Vanity, vanity, all is vanity". If left to our own devices, we all want what we can't have, to the absurd extent of not appreciating what we do have. Women with straight hair want curly hair, women with curly, straight. Black women want lighter skin, white women sit in the sun all day in order to get darker skin. Beauty is far more versatile than we give it credit for. For instance, I'm a 54-year-old white guy with hazel eyes, and to me, the most beautiful woman in the world has brown skin, black hair, and brown eyes. Stop overanalyzing yourself and start living the life you've been given, as there will come a day when you'll wish you had. And when that happens, you'll have only bitter regrets.

• Your answer is right on the dot. Thank you!

• My pleasure....an honor even.

What Guys Said 6

• You can't change your heritage but you can be proud of being who you are. I'd like to be five inches taller but it's not going to happen. Take pride in yourself and don't worry so much the American culture. The U.S. started out as a melting pot of many different peoples and that hasn't changed. You'll blend in so don't worry and be happy.

• That makes sense. I was born and raised in the US so maybe because I am mostly around the white ethnicity that I just felt out of place sometimes even though I was born here like they were.

• honestly, I'm a regular white guy, and arab-greek sounds like a really hot combination. I've always been into dark hair and naturally olive skin, and I think blonde hair is generally unnattractive. I know a lot of my guy friends agree with me.

as for eye color, I've got a thing for green or blue eyes, but the point is every guy has a different taste. So, don't worry about your hair or eye color, but instead focus on things like being in shape and taking care of yourself.

• People who have no inner strength always feel weak, ugly, stupid, fat, unhealthy, lonely, etc. and always it's the magical "society" that gets blamed. Move out of society. Live in a god-damn cave and see if you actually feel like the grass is greener between the stalagmites. I will assure you it is not.

• Well I'm not trying to blame society, I'm just saying is that why subconsciously I think this way because of that ideal?

• Haha I think I'm just gonna let you be and think what you want, arguing won't get anywhere.

• Good thinking.

• Beautyful girls come in all colours. No single colour is 'better' than another.

• first off I just read the first 9 words and I already know you're gorgeous

and don't get blonde hair and blue contacts cause you won't be the original you were born you will just be another copy and you won't really be the same beautiful girl you are now

• i like girls that are not white even though I'm white...its all in ur head

What Girls Said 3

• arab + greek = exotic

exotic beauty beats blonde, white chick beauty every day of the week.

your beauty isn't ordinary, be proud of it!

• Thank you :)

I think since when my ex broke up with me and said I was ugly and then went out with a white blonde girl it went to my head that I wasn't good enough because I don't look like that.

• Ah I just asked a question about being self-conscious.

I get what you mean 100%. It's like if you don't look how you're "supposed" to then you think you're ugly. I don't have nice blonde hair, petite facial structure, button nose, blue-green eyes. etc.

I wish I could get over the way I look and stop being so critical of myself. GL. I hope you feel better about yourself - Arab and Greek sounds like an awsome combination.

Just wondering, when you dyed your hair blonde, did it look a little strange? I'm assuming you have olive-toned skin? (Sorry if I sound rude. I'm not trying to be offensive. I'm just curious).

• Yeah I think every girl has this problem so I'm glad it is not just me.

And I thought I looked weird at first with my hair blonde, but not so much anymore. I didn't dye it fully blonde, I did a mix of blonde gold and brown to make it look good for my face/skin color. My skin is a light olive color, so I kinda do look white still. I went to a salon to color my hair so the hair stylist knew what shade to do.I could show you a picture if you want, but on camera my hair looks more brown than blonde.

• NO NO NO! blond hair and blue does not equal beauty, there are so many beautiful girls that are every color of the rainbow and you are one of them, that one girl is right you are an exotic beauty be proud to be a brunette with lovely olive skin. if you type "most beautiful woman in the world" into google you do not get blondes you get claudia lynx a dark haired green eyed Iranian woman