Why do attractive people post questions asking if they are attractive or not?

Actually I'll exclude the guys from this because I've seen a wide range of guys from unattractive to very attractive doing this...

but it seems like only attractive girls post those kinds of questions. They know they're pretty and they know most people will say they are so why do they need to ask? Maybe I am jealous (well I know part of the reason is because I'm jealous).

The girls you truly think they are ugly aren't going to post any pics (even if they're not ugly). That's how I see it.

All of my topics get 1-2 stars but a ton of people always answer (especially the 1 star ones).

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I've seen girls who were not that attractive post pics.

But the vast majority who asks these questions are a little above average looking, they just want to see how much better than average they are. The ugly ones, and I'm not trying to be cruel, are ones that are NOT going to be asking 'cause chances are, they already know. the majority of them, I think, are really just fishing for compliments so I never even bother to read those questions.

But yeah, some guys on here who are average looking are...eh. I'm not gay, but I can sense attractiveness of my gender. THEY should be the ones who are asking, not the attractive ones.

What Guys Said 6

• Sometimes they really, really don't know if they're pretty, even if a million people have told them, and will never think they are, no matter how many more millions tell them, unless they experience a real psychological breakthrough. Sometimes it's an ego thing.

• I don't believe for one second that most (or even half) of them don't know they're pretty. Just as I said, a girl that truly thinks she's ugly isn't going to have multiple pics of herself posed up like a model.

• I don't have to live in their minds. Humans can be complex but there are things that humans do that are very predictable if you pay close attention. It's very naive of you to think that they don't do it for an intentions are anything otherwise.

• Haha, OK, look, all I'm saying is that some of them are really clueless, and some of them have an ego problem. I don't know the percentages and neither do you. I really don't want to argue with you so let's leave it at that : )

• I think it is probably a self esteem thing. Even the prettiest girls will sometimes doubt how good looking they are, and posting pictures of themselves and getting positive comments is a good way of reaffirming it. On the other hand, girls who aren't as good looking may not want to post pictures because they would rather avoid risking the possibility of comments that tell them they don't look good.

• Feelings of assurance. Sometimes people don't get enough compliments, or some are just attention seekers.

• So am I hot or not?

• They want to hear it from other people constantly. Female ego thing.

• because theyre comparing themselves to other girls

What Girls Said 4

• Everyone sees themselves differently than everyone else, even the most beautiful girls in your eyes may have the biggest doubts about themselves. One girl I know who everyone adores is called ugly by her mom. She isn't, she is by FAR from ugly, but she does believe it. She's heard it so much that she's believed it.

Often though it is a self esteem issue. As I said everyone sees themselves differently than other people sees them, and having pictures of themselves up and getting comments denying that they're ugly cheers themselves up. It's not that bad to have a bit of a boost when you're feeling down, but for me, I hate the attention.

• u mite think there pretty buut they prbly dnt .. you mite think ur ugly but noe1 els does every1 thinks sumthink bad of them self just becos there pretty doesn't mean they can c it.. in mi eyes every1 in tis world is pretty or good lookin there's noe wai wer ment to look whonoes what gd looking realli is ..

• I understand that, but tell me why a girl would have her profile maxed out with pics of her getting her Adriana Lima on?

• Becos she does tht becos she feels more bois will look at her and she feel it will drw mre attention.. like I had anorexia and I was like size 4 and I use to constantly sai o I'm to fat and every1 use to think I was lieing an just sayin it for attention but the truth is it was depressing me so much I justmde mi slf ill ..honeslty sum peoplewenthey sai it they mean it obviously sum are lieing but sum are not beleave me .. sum feel gd with less on bcos they feel they have to show mre to get noticed

• They're fishing for compliments. They don't truly believe they're ugly. If they did, they wouldn't be asking something so trivial.

It gets on my nerves too.

• Yes, that is what I was trying to say. You put it better than I did in my question XD

• Woot! Lets be friends :)

• They just want the extra compliments that it will get them. They know people will say they are pretty and they want to here it.