How to launch a successful makeup tutorial channel on youtube?

So I'm thinking of launching a makeup tutorial on youtube (instead of what I was doing, if you feel the need to go back to my questions) and I'm not sure even where to start. I'm good at makeup, but I don't know how to get people to view my content.

Most Helpful Guy

• well, to start a successful youtube channel in general, you have to figure out your niche/target audience, and then you need to figure out what they actually want. In the world of makeup tutorials, its a highly saturated market on youtube, so my suggestion to you is to subscribe to some of the popular makeup tutorial channels, and watch a good few of their videos. Once you've done that, you need to ask yourself the following 3 questions: 1) What do they do well? 2) What do they do poorly? 3) What can you do better?

Once you've figure out all that, you then need to figure out if you even have all the tools to start a youtube channel that will produce high quality videos. In the past, it was a lot easier to start a channel with any old recording device and what not and get lots of views, but these days, people expect high quality videos, which means 720p video quality, good audio, lighting, etc. If this is something you plan to make money on like the other make up tutorial channels, there's a lot of things you've gotta consider first. Good luck :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Just start making videos. Start with doing a makeup look you love and start sticking to an uploading schedule. The views will come. It will take a while, don't expect to be the newest, hottest, greatest beauty vlogger overnight. Just keep doing what you love and people will migrate to you.

What Guys Said 4

• U have to be unique. The market is saturated with girls who do makeup tutorials.

Figure out your niche. :)

• Look at other person's who have done the same.

• Step 1. be hot
    step 2. have a vagina and boobs
    the end.

• If you do let me know I need help with my make up

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm... I guess maybe get a few people in person and do there face and they tell there friends how good u are! And yeah u need connections!