Men should look more like this. Who agrees?

Woah! Some people are getting a little too hyped up about this. It's just something for all of you to talk about and raise an opinion

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 41

• Here's my work shirt: (I'm a mechanic.)
    www.northerntool.com/.../5100r_2000x2000.jpg
    I have 4 Navy blue and 1 black.
    Five shirts in total, one for each work day.

• Are you paying for all that? xD Women don't understand men's clothing is expensive af. While women can look amazing with just $20, a man needs to spend a huge load of money to look good, cause our options are very limited.

I personally don't like that style you posted, it'll make me look way older than I am, but I still like to dress nice.

• that 20 dollar clothing is really pretty unsatisfying and not amazing, and the best womens clothing is seriously expensive, not to mention jewellery, etc. not that you aren't right that men's options are very limited, but most men look just fine in any everyday thing just like most women do.

of course the clothes in that picture are super pricey but so would the girls equivalent be if i wanted to go grab a really well tailored suit. although it might be potentially cheaper, because a lot of tailors refuse to do men's suits simply because they're so hard and there's so many standards to meet, whereas women's suits, i guess, not quite the same history - although still plenty of standards even today like princess cuts, etc

• @roxyreigns my attitude of setting the rules and not rolling over or agreeing with a chick on the internet is never going to find anyone? Well @AleDeEurope I must be shit out of luck.

• @OrdinaryGentleman maybe you should adopt an attitude of understanding what i meant instead

• Burgundy wouldn't be my first choice for a sport jacket.

But I do agree the gentlemanly art is dying unfortunately, I think that is the message you are trying to convey.

• Nope it gets too hot for that in the summer

• Can't afford sorry.

• agreed.

they should be buff also.

• God no. Everything about that screams pretentious douchebag.
    This is the kind of thing I'm talking about:
    uk.businessinsider.com/a-wall-street-guide-to-watches-2015-8

• No I hate coats like that, it verges on sports cote for me. But i enjoy different colors and materials for a suit. I would never wear a watch like that, because its practically useless, and for me personally his tie with that coat makes the feminine side of me hurl.
    Unless I am running my own business or doing a desk job ill stick to my flannels and sportswear as useful clothing.

• I don't mind a mix - It is nice to put on a suit and tie but other times it is good to have a casual option.

• Indeed! ! That's how I like to roll typically.

• that watch is probably more expensive than the house I'm living in rn

• All men should look like a blazer, you're right!

• Am I the only one who finds the white spots on the suit SUPER irritating?
    It looks like dirt and makes me wanna wipe the shit off.

• sound great. i'll just become white and good looking and have enough money to spend on suits with a $500 watch. brb.

• also, that shit looks like wool and the material looks stupid to wear. if i'm gonna wear a jacket, it's gotta be black or navy blue. not that fuckboy hipster bullshit.

• looking sophisticated and smart doesn't actually make you sophisticated and smart. i think i've gotten by fairly well wearing a hoodie, shorts and jeans and a t shirt. and again, it only really helps if you're good looking. people who wear that shit either are gq models (or could be) or gay hipsters that think they're hot shit... it's usually the latter. and color matters. look up "craig sager suits" or "russell westbrook fashion". that'll change your mind real quick :D

• plus, i'd rather dress comfortably for my "casual wear" than look like a pretentious fuckboy pussy douche bag :|

• not my style of watch (prefer Omegas), he has women's hands and a lazy dress style that isn't practical unless he is an intern

• If I can afford it, I'd be willing to. Even if I can afford it, I'd rather not look this way that often. I don't want to risk getting it dirty.

• Exclude the tie, that's me!

• well i dont think someone would be wearing something like this if they're going shopping or something lol

• as everyday clothing. its not practical.

• If you're a firefighter maybe but most of us have office jobs, how is not practical in an office?

• I ride my bike to work as well and I change there, so does everyone else. They change sporty clothing to work clothes.
      So what you're saying is, t shirt and jeans is more comfortable. I get that. Kinda. Girls wear a lot of things that aren't comfortable as well to look nice for guys. Even tho supposedly it doesn't matte to men. So frankly I think you guys are quite spoiled and whiny when it comes to clothing

• @nalaa its just not practical. im a scientist not a person who has to look dressed up. im judged based on my performance

• Only on special occasions

• Well, the style yes, but I'm not liking that jacket's texture or color.

• I would but I've only got like 6 good casual suits and I would just be wearing the same ones all the time. They are mega expansive as well as it all have to match. If they were cheaper I would wear on everyday

• Already ahead of you! 😎

• You lost me at "Men should be more like [...]".

• That's a little expensive for a lot of men and every hot in the summer.

• well i wanna work in a gym or sports facility at some point soon so i will be walking more in joggers and t shirts : )

• Too uncomfortable and expensive. Never gonna wear it lol

• I hate watches.

• Looks nice, but the wool jacket would be a bit scratchy...

• only this type?

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 27

• I think men should look the way they want to look.

• Men can look however the fuck they look.

You should look more like this if that's how you're gonna be; i.huffpost.com/.../...PER-BAG-ON-HEAD-facebook.jpg

• All men shouldn't look the same.
    That's not the only nice style to have, guys should wear whatever they feel like describes them as a person of sorts, if that even makes sense?

• meee me me meeeeeeeeeee!

and they want to look like that but they fail.. terribly!

• Not really I rather not have a guy that dressed like that often.

Only style I think looks cool that seems more dress up is like these.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6e65ff3f98.jpg
    i01.i.aliimg.com/.../...men-s-casual-slim-vest.jpg

• Men should look however the fuck they want.

What you're showing is how YOU prefer SOME men to look like. You wouldn't give two shits about some fat neckbeard in a suit.

If you didn't anticipate a backlash over telling men how they ought to look, you're not very bright, lol.

• There's no correlation between the two factors. I just want my man to look smart, that's all. You can be a "bright person" without telling men how they "ought to look"

• You seemed to have completely missed the point. Can't say I'm surprised.

• Not me! lol

• How about they look how they want to look? Just because you have a preference does not mean everybody else has to abide by that.

• That's not the ultimate way to dress if you ask me BUT it definitely looks good and yes more men should dress like that!

• Men should wear what they wanna wear

• I mean I can't see his whole face though. And a coat might be warm in the summer.

• looks way too formal imho

• I don't really care... And it's really superficial to say this. o. O
    Sexist too.

• Meh. I don't think it's that hot. Give me a normal button down or some flannels or something. It's waaayyy cheaper and not too warm. I like my guys comfortable.

• Oh... hi there 😎😏

• All the time? Nah. Jeans and a t-shirt is cool too.

• There's all this drama about how women should be able to wear whatever they want. Why can't that apply to men too?

• I disagree, I never liked suits or bearded guys.

• not a fan of the material that suit is made from to be honest, or the colour. nice watch though.

• Men shouldn't aspire to any one look because there is no right or wrong healthy appearance. Phrasing it like this is incredibly harmful. If you're asking about how the guy's dressing then yes I appreciate suits sometimes.

• meh. I can't really say. you chopped off his face

• No, a clean but rugged man. One that can take care of his family physically off the land if need be. All around alpha. Clothes look amazing but their practical. Day olshave against my gives me gives me the chills.. all in all he he can provide in any situation whether it is an office on the land with electric or without it. keep us safe in deadly situations. There's nothing wrong with a strong woman having a stronger man to make her feel feminine

• I like the shirt, tie and watch.😎

• No. That style is way to boring and I don't like facial hair

• Oh yasss pleasee

• That jacket doesn't look very masculine. Is that glitter or just white spots? Either way I don't like it or the colour.

• Yeah, after he takes all that lent off his suit.. but every man should own at least 2 suits