Can women wear dresses casually?

So here is a example of what I mean as something casual. Or only wear a dress to go out?
Can women wear dresses casually?
please don't judge me either it was a hot summer day and I was cleaning house in my slippers.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes absolutely! Your pic is a perfect example of what a cute look it can be - that's a great dress and it suits you perfectly, you look fab :)

Oh and for God's sake don't pay any attention to the (bravely anonymous) twonk who said your legs look fat - the only thing fat around here is his head, your legs are not even slightly fat and look way cute with the dress/slippers combo! :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• It definitely looks good, especially on you. But for me, dressing casually means putting a little more emphasis on practicality than what dresses allow for. That's my personal opinion anyway.

• Sure you can women have done it for well over a hundred years, women only really stopped doing that since the late 60s early 70s. I personally rather enjoy it when women wear dress and style themselves like they did decades back, just looks so much better.

• Yeah, women can wear dresses casually. I love women in dresses, and I think you look great in that, so go ahead.

• As you say a dress would be nice and cool on a hot day so I think it is perfectly acceptable to wear a dress casually for your own comfort.

• 0|0
  • If the dress/skirt looks casual then it's casual. If not then it's not.

The only conflict is overdressing for an occasion.

Like, if i wanna wear a button up shirt, tie and outerwear out, I'd better make sure it's appropriate for the occasion, crowd and place. Same principal applies to girls and dresses.

Id say a cute belt and casual jacket or something over it could make that look casual for just street clothes.

• Dress to please yourself. If you feel like wearing a dress then wear a dress. I like girls in dresses.

• I am judging you.

• That think that is a great outfit for you to wear if you are confident in it.

• Don't you like in "the land of the free"?

You should be able to wear a dress whenever you feel like it. Also it's yours and your taste.

• depends on culture, but for me, sure why not (and you don't look bad ;) don't judge yourself too harsh either :))

• You can wear a dress when ever. I'm sure you know better than us guys but there's a bunch of different kinds so yeah, just throw one on and roll out

• My girlfriend does

• Yeah, why not? Hell people are wear tails... tails. will you freeze probably since your username says Alaskanchick, isn't Alaska about cold at all times?

• In the summer its gets up past 60 degrees all the time. Haha I love how little people know about Alaska.

• Yeah I was just joking I knew a guy who lived in Alaska, he told me along time ago it isn't as cold as you think in some places

• More girls should use dresses like that. It even feels confortable.

• For sure its very classy this is a good thing

• yes please, the girls looks so cute with dress

• Nope, jeans are casual, not dresses.

What Girls Said 22

• Dresses are awesome! I could honestly live in dresses for the rest of my life, no lie.

I find them super comfortable and much easier than having to pull together a whole outfit. It's 1 piece of clothing, but it's a complete outfit almost in one.

Dresses can definitely be done casually. But you will always appear more dressed up I find. It really depends on what you wear it with.

in my opinion if you pair that dress with some comfy boots, leggings and a nice casual sweater, you will make the dress more dressed down.

I always wear dresses in the summer because they are so much cooler than shorts and a top for some reason.

• Yes , you can. The trick is in the heel.
    High heels make everything dressy.
    Simple flats or flat boots can make a dressy outfit look for a casual setting.

• I wear dresses casually all the time, of course that's possible but it also depends on the dress, I don't think anyone would ever get the idea to wear an evening gown 'casually' haha

Oh and by the way. , not judging, but what happened to your left arm? oO

• What do you mean?

• Lol I have muscular forearms and my arm was bent weird at the elbow but if you look at the other arm it is fine.

• Yeah haha - sorry, the pic just got me confused ^^;

• I wear dresses tights and boots just going shopping and around. I love wear dresses I'm not a tracksuit person at all. I would be careful of the dress not going in sequins or lace to the shop but fitted dress that isn't over the top

• Nah you can wear dresses casually, my sisters and I sometimes have what we call a "dress day" and just spend the day running around in dresses.

• Honey, you can wear whatever you want.

Dresses are not necessarily formal attire. On a hot day, I too enjoy a sundress.

• I like the dress. But it doesn't look causal enough to wear it.

• Haha Yeah, I say it's really cute. =)

• it looks nice!! i like the dress

• Yes, women can can wear dresses casually. I certainly do and simply because I like them, I think that they're comfortable, and I like dressing like a girly girl.

• Yeah, dresses can be casual!

• Girl I love the dress, and I don't see why we can't wear a dress casually. I love the kind of dresses like the one you have on, cause they can be worn casually and I actually have a few like it that I do wear quite often.

• Sure, I wear dresses 100% of the time.

• I wear dresses 2 or 3 days acweek, even if I'm just staying home.

• Yes, of course you can wear dresses casually. I'm wearing one right now.

• I wear dresses casually all the time.

• Yes girls can wear dresses casually

• Yes of course, dresses don't always have to be formal, they sure can be casual.

• Of course! I wear dresses all the time, they are comfy!

• Of course, wear what you want.

• Yes and that dress is really pretty

• Absolutely yes!