Should makeup be banned?

Hello everyone!

I saw this well known blogger wirte a post expressing his opinion on makeup and how he thinks women should be banned from using it because its false adveritsment.

Should makeup be banned?

He used these photos ^^ to back up his claims of it being "false advertistment" and in his words women who wear makeup are leading men on and setting them up for disappointment when they see the "real deal"

How do you feel about this?
Do you think makeup is false advertisment?

Most Helpful Girl

• This irritates me. I am a girl who very rarely wears makeup, only on really special occasions, but that does not mean I am against makeup. And I do like to stick up for the girls who do wear it, BECAUSE WE DON'T WEAR IT FOR MEN! Girls wear makeup because THEY want to. They don't wear it to impress guys, they wear makeup for their own satisfaction, for their own happiness. Maybe they just wanted to look different. Maybe they just wanted to try and spice up their look. They do not wear makeup to purposely lead men on, they wear it for themselves. Plus, makeup doesn't fully change their look. Yeah, it can definitely enhance features, but it doesn't change what you fully look like underneath. Men need to stop complaining about women who love to wear makeup, because they claim it 'leads them on,' because they weren't wearing the makeup for the dude in the first place, they were wearing it because THEY wanted to.

Most Helpful Guy

• But it's their face, they can wear whatever they want on it. Sure, it makes them look different, but it's their choice.

Though I prefer little to no makeup, it shouldn't be banned, if you don't like it, just choose women with no makeup, cause you can tell if they have or not.

What Girls Said 26

• Its not false advertisement because you don't buy or own women, we are not objects. Any man who runs when he sees his girl without makeup doens't deserve her. You have to be stupid to think girls actually naturally look the way they do when they have makeup on.
    Thats like saying pictures on dating sites should be "banned" because they're hardly ever accurate, but no, because we're not in a dystopian society

• It isn't false advertisement just because guys can't understand that girls look different without makeup. Also, no one has the right to remove a woman's basic rights to present herself however they want because they see them as objects to be advertised.

Get over it and date girls who don't wear makeup.

• LOL! Those pictures tho! :/

I feel that attempting to ban something so harmless is silly, pointless, and intrusive. No one's getting killed, trafficked through a sex industry or anything crazy like that. -_- I only think that makeup is false advertisement if the woman is so insecure that she legitimately tells a guy that "she woke up like that" ;P or actually tries to claim that her eyelids naturally sparkle with smoky shimmer.

• Yes it is a false advertisement. But at the same time, if women didn't have that pressure to loo gorgeous all the time and were not expected to look like top models, then they would probably not wear so much makeup.

• DON'T touch my make up!!! It's false advertisement only if you wear a ton and on a daily basis. I'm confident with the way I look without make up but I still prefer wearing it, it makes me feel better.

• I don't think that is ever gonna happen but personally wouldn't really care much as I only use make up when I get booked for a job anyways.
    I wouldn't go so far and call it "false advertisement" either because, let's face it, the average woman isn't exactly your MAC makeup artist. All makeup I usually notice most women on the streets wear is a bit of mascara & lipstick (maybe also some eyeliner) and that little makeup sure as he'll isn't gonna magically transform you into a different person.

• When I wear makeup, it is for myself. If I want to not wear makeup it is for myself. If I want red red lips it is for myself. If I want green eyeshadow, guess who it is for? Me! I am not a walking advertisement for sex, so whoever thinks that women are just here to please ya can shove it. :)

• Make-up makes people feel good about themselves, why should something like that ever be banned? I love wearing make-up, it makes me feel beautiful and sexy, and it's not false advertisement at all! Natural beauty is just as great, sometimes we just like to wear make-up because it's fun!

• I wear make-up sometimes lol!

• No. Because I love makeup. Applying it in the morning is actually very therapeutic and fun for me.
    You shouldn't judge people who choose to live differently than you. Is makeup really that big of a deal?
    There are so many other issues in this world and you're choosing to bitch about makeup?

• No, I'm not selling a product.

• They're setting themselves up for disappointment its very easy to see when someone is wearing a lot of makeup and if a man fails to see that then its his problem.

• No, that shit is ridiculous. Guys should stop bitching about this already. Like someone else already stated, we are not products out for sale. 😒🙄

• lmao its the main reason why i wear only very little makeup

• Hey guys, I remember a similar question to this one a while ago! Welcome back, anon troll!

• He said in the question he saw it on someone's blog? He didn't state that he shares the same opinion..

• @RussianGirlxo I saw a similar question somebody had asked using similar format but with a different pictures of another girl. Oh, I didn't read the last sentence, that was my mistake. I am sorry asker.

• The question would have sounded better, in my opinion, if they had asked "Is makeup false advertisement?" Banning makeup would make no sense 😕 Sorry again for not reading...

• if i didn't wear makeup people would think I'm a zombie! one time i went out of the house, without make up on, and i had people coming up to me like "omg are you ok? you look really ill" or "are you ok? you look sad" etc etc i was like NO THIS IS MY NORMAL FACE! AND THIS IS WHY I WEAR MAKEUP, DANG IT! flibber me, i hope the magic stuff doesn't get banned

• get over it.
    makeup isn t the devil s work.
    if done tastefully it only enhances your features, other than that it s an extreme.

• Yes, I never liked makeup anyway.

• I mean if he wants to live in a society where there's no freedom he can move

• Also that's just a bad picture of mila. She was pregnant at the time. Not everyone looks hot 24/7, makeup or not
      If he hates makeup he can date girls who wear none or very little

• If makeup was banned I would cry. You will never see me without makeup

• i don't exactly like make -up but if people feel the need to put it on themselves to make themselves feel pretty then by all means. but i like people natural.

• Not all of us let the makeup wear us, and not us wearing the makeup

• 'false advertisment' - women are not products trying to sell themselves.

• I use it to cover up my trichotillomania. Without makeup I'd be made fun of constantly.

• this is a retarded question

• I think he's being silly and unreasonable.

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah...

Right after we ban people talking to each other. (Because you know, when people TALK to each other, they have the possibility of misrepresenting themselves.)

Anyway...

How is this false advertising?

The message of a woman wearing makeup is this:

"This is what I look like wearing makeup."

NOT

"I have completely flawless, perfectly contoured, ideally pigmented, pore free skin."

• i don't see how wearing makeup should be illegal or considered false advertising since it's not like women sit in the mirror thinking how should i advertise myself.

it's actually rather sexist to presume that women are wearing makeup to advertise to men alone. well sexist or just selfish. for example my wife wears makeup more often when she goes out with friends to parties or gatherings simply because she wants to feel attractive

• Maybe instead, women should stop being expected to look beautiful all the time.

• Let's also ban hair products because without it our hair would look like shit and make us ugly so hair products is false advertising as well.

• False advertisement?

They aren't making any advertising claim's with their bodies because one's body is not an advertisement.

• Lol, no.
    Whatever makes ladies feel prettier.
    You should be able to tell who is hot and who is not.

I mean, sure Mila Kunis looks like a pug without makeup.
    But really? for someone who looks average as three hells with hollywood makeup you can expect nothing but that.

• In some way that is true, but not entirely. Plastic surgery is more of what you are talking about. I use makeup to cover up my body tattoos and to highlight my face when I perform on stage. I would just let them be and make the best decision to date a girl and her personality anyways...

• Makeup has been used for thousands of years. Very, very, very few people want it banned, so why even discuss it?

• No, but I do think there should be a compulsory school subject for how to apply it.

• We have enough stupid laws as it is. If someone wants to put makeup on or paint their face or anything it's their choice whether it makes them look better or worse. Don't pay attention to that idiot's blog, any idiot can write a blog
    And it's beside the point but those girls don't look good with makeup anyway