Is expensive clothes worth it?

I really want a sweatshirt from PINK but it's so expensive.. like $60 for one shirt. Is it worth it to spend all my money on that one item or should I buy may shirts for cheaper. I only have $80 as a Christmas gift

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't spend too much on clothes that you don't really need. What makes you look good is not the price of the clothes, it's how you put them together with your overall look.

I have a friend who wears a lot of expensive clothes. However, the guy can't seem to keep his clothes straight and he ended up with something like a starving student look. The beat up shirt, faded jeans and a jacket (not leather) would cost something like $200-$300. I can pull the same outfit from wallmart with 1/3 of the costs and I don't even need much maintenance.

As for quality... well I could buy one outfit that will last for a long time or buy 3 outfits that will last for 1/3 of the time. The 2nd option gives me more new clothes.

The only reason why you must have expensive clothes is because they have something you can not make up with cheaper clothes. For a guy like me, it would be tailored suits and shirts. Those are worth the price they claim and you really do not want to skim on them if you can help it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was having this conversation with someone not to long ago that most products are only expensive because of the branding. You could always get something that is not branded for far less cheaper. Depends if you want a sweatshirt because it's from pink or just a sweatshirt in general.

• I want a sweatshirt but the one I saw at pink was really nice I liked the colours the fit and everything and I haven't found any similar shirts but I don't know if the price is right

• Mmm i would suggest finding a coupon on Google to PINK. I've had times where I would get free shipping because of it and sometimes you can get 10% :)

What Guys Said 6

• Quite a few things factor in for whether it's worth the price or not. A lot of times just because it's a brand they can charge a premium while other times certain brands can have a justified price because of their quality and materials used.

• lol from pink. you mean from Victoria's secret?
    Ya totally is worth it sometimes. the quality is great. My designer gear is worlds better than things off target (which i love target still btw). Look for the deals too.

• go to goodwill.. plenty of NWT high end stuff hiding in the racks.

• Is $60 expensive? Maybe for a shirt I guess.

If I had $80 I would rather buy two $40 shirts.

• I like to buy shirts. that cost 50$ and I love them

• Sometimes. Designer clothes generally aren't unless you have so much money you don't care. If you have a non-standard body shape tailor made clothes can be an excellent investment.

What Girls Said 14

• If you love it and you will get a lot of wear out of it, then it's worth it. Often, more expensive clothes are of a higher quality and will last longer. So if you love this sweatshirt and it's the thing you want to spend your Christmas money on, there's no reason not to splurge.

• No Not really unless its chanel! lol
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...ebcc4abe7e.jpg

• Sometimes they are other times it's not. I don't think it's worth it in this case. Like PINK isn't even that good of a brand. It makes me think of JC Penny level quality at best and their stuff comes on sale.

• If you take care of expensive clothes by washing and drying them properly they tend to last longer then most other clothes.

• really? lol HIYA

• @apple24 the notebook or about time? About Time is really cute

• oh I found something its call now is good! I am watch it with a gager lol hahah! Yeah I am a weird!

• I bought Eddie Bauer winter stuff (coat and gloves) because I've heard very good things about the quality. Generally I don't spend that much $ on clothes though.

• I ask myself the same exact question every time I go shopping, one expensive with good quality item is way more better than a bunch of 'low quality' stuff..

• Ask santaclaus for one and you might get it

• Don't! If I wanted lingerie I *MIGHT* consider Victoria's Secret but definitely not for anything but underwear. The clothes are not worth the money. It's not like that are made any better than cheaper clothes.

• Yes expensive clothes are worth it. I have 7 pairs of miss me jeans that were were 150$ or more.
    I've never bought PINK but if u like it but it

• nnnnnnnnnnnnno

• Says the one who drove a Lexus!!!

• I starting to suspect the true reason is that you don't like branding so you were all like, "SCREW YOU NAME BRAND CAR!"
      *KARAHIRI SMASH*

• @ihav2fart lmfao oh yes, i was trying to FIGHT THE POWER! alas... it didn't pan out too well :p

• $80 as a Christmas gift? girl, buy something designer made, not PINK!

• It can be, but a sweatshirt probably doesn't fall into that category, if it's from pink I would much rather go for lingerie than a sweatshirt I'll only wear to sleep/ school (on a bad day)

• It's not worth it.

• Better have something of value in your closet. So yes.