Should I get a tattoo?

I'm 18 and want to get a tattoo, but I still live in my parents house and they hate the idea. Would it be considered disrespectful to get one anyway while I love with them? I would be getting it where it can be easily covered until the summer.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they should know about it, they hate the ideia but the body is yours. If you think it'll cause you too much trouble though, then wait, but the fact is that you're gonna get your tatoo anyway, so why wait? What's the point of them holding you if they won't be able to stop you from doing it forever? If they understand it, I think that you can get your tatoo now with little problems.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you can't make the decision for yourself, then no, you shouldn't.

This is something you should want. If you need to seek confirmation that it's alright to do, I don't think you should get it. It's your body, you need to be confident about things like this.

What Guys Said 5

• It is indeed quite disrespectful.
    I would wait until you have left their *authority? lol

When in doubt, just wait.

• Your body, chick. 😉

• You wouldn't want one. I got a fake one once and it hurt while the artist drew it on my arm with a marking pen. It like getting one million shots in one part of your body.

• Your pick girl, if you want it really bad then have it otherwise consider what your parents are doing for you and they really love you.
    hi make sure its not the ugly one.

• Are you paying rent to your parents? If yes, get the tattoo. If no, start paying rent.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it would be. While you're under their roof I think you should probably hold off.

• If you really want one and you can hide it than get one.